chapter twenty nine

twenty nine
"7.1"

(just an fyi, i'm basically skipping the last half of episode 1, and going straight to the earthquake!)—

"ARE YOU SERIOUS?"

LYNN STOOD in disbelief as she narrowed her blue eyes at Buck, who was now standing a few feet in front of her. Lynn raised her arm in a random direction, flinging it around aimlessly. She swore there was probably steam coming out of her ears.

"What?" Buck questioned, and Lynn would've commented on his adorable puppy dog face if she wasn't so angry.

"Y-You can't act like that," Lynn scolded rapidly, and she ran a spare hand through her already messy from working out brunette hair. "Seriously? You're my best friend, Evan, I mean it. But why are you so far up Eddie's ass about getting to know his coworkers, about getting to know me?"

"Because!" Buck protested, his voice sounding a bit higher than usual. He flung his arms in the arm,

"Because what!?" Lynn snapped, and at throughout the entire time, both of the firefighters were taking slow steps towards each other. They simply didn't care if people heard them arguing, maybe because it was just about damn to fix their problems and be over it.

And as Buck peeled open his mouth to no doubt shout something back, a loud, almost erupting noise echoed throughout the firehouse. The ground was moving forcibly under Lynn's feet, and she easily lost her balance. She leaned forward to fall enviably to the ground, but immediately Buck wrapped his arm under Lynn's so he could bring her back up before she fell completely. Her eyes met those of Buck's, and for a split second, it seemed as if the two were in their own little bubble and there was in fact no earthquake going on this very minute.

"Get out! C'mon, guys! C'mon!"

Instantly, both Lynn and Buck snapped out of their busy thoughts of each other, and went into action. They sprinted off away from the dangerous objects that could fall on them on the apparatus floor, and instead out side, where many other firefighters were already heading.

"Is anyone else back there!?" Bobby hollered out towards Buck and Lynn as they both started heading towards him.

"No!" Lynn called back, and she started to cough loudly into her elbow as many cans fell and exploded into large patches of smoke, merely a foot or so before her.

"C'mere!" Buck stated, and he wrapped his arm around the woman, almost flanking her side to the gas as they both rushed out.