Getting detention

Stan's POV

I couldn't focus at all in school today. After Kyle told me that Cartman didn't in fact have a crush on Kyle, and he did have something planned, I started to grow more and more concerned. How is Kyle so calm about this? He probably thinks he can handle it, but he can't. That's a little mean, but it's true. Whenever Kyle thinks he's caught Cartman with his pants down, Cartman comes with a backup as if he planned it all along. He scares me sometimes, though I'd never admit to that aloud. Wendy tries to talk to me in class about the fall formal dance or something like that, but I'm too distracted to take anything she says into account. She's getting annoyed at my vexation, and hits the back of my head.

"Ow, what is it Wendy?"

"You've been staring at Kyle the whole period. You know it's rude to ignore your girlfriend?"

"Sorry Wendy. I've been kind of anxious lately. It's just Cartman up to no good again."

"What'd he do this time?"

"We caught him stalking me and Kyle yesterday at the park and he's been being really weird around Kyle. According to Kenny, he has something big planned. I know he specifically said he doesn't, but a tiny voice keeps telling me that Cartman has a crush on Kyle, and he's like gonna kidnap him or something to make him love him."

"The way you said that was a bit unambiguous. Do you really think Cartman's gonna kidnap Kyle. Come on, he'd be found out within seconds."

"You never know."

"If you want, I can rally up a few girls to keep Cartman away from him."

"That's really thoughtful Wendy. Thanks."

"If it'll get you to stop worrying, I'll do it. Now, back to business, I like the blue streamers because they stick out, but red streamers compliment the school. What do you think?"

"Why is that important again?"

"Because Stan, if we don't think about everything, the dance could turn to cacophony in seconds. It's better to be on top of things."

"Okay, the red ones."

I stopped paying attention again after she started talking again. I'll admit that I'm not the best listener when it comes to things I don't care about. Not to be rude to Wendy or anything, but I'm not very interested in the dance. She wants me to wear this dumb suit and has all these expectations for me that I just can't meet, therefore I figure that showing little to no interest will set the bar lower. Wendy has a knack for going overboard on these things, because she's the class president. I congratulate her for it, but it's overwhelming when she puts some of her responsibilities on me, so it's best to ignore them sometimes.

"Stan!"

"What? You're gonna get us in trouble."

"You're staring at Kyle again."

I was. I look in the direction of where Kyle is seated and realise that it does look like I was looking at him.

"No I wasn't. I was just staring off in his general direction."

"Whatever Stan. Are we still up for lunch this Wednesday?"

"Of course. I'd never miss one of our weekly picnics."