<11> Emetophobia And Human Being Priviledges

*An: even though this is what i'm writing I don't necessarily believe all foster carers are bad,, see the end for more notes (;

'Foster Care,' in Andrew's opinion, was a joke — downright.

For starters, he believed it shouldn't even be named as such, since looking back on majority of his memories growing up, there wasn't an awful lot of 'care' done. No 'fostering' for that matter, either.

Mostly, Andrew felt, it was as if he were simply a source of income, rather than an actual, valued, human being — not like many people would ever treat him as such, (and he guessed that was reasonably valid).

'Child Exploitation', in Andrew's opinion, sounded much more realistic. 'Foster Care' was a fraud and Andrew didn't think he would ever recover from the irreparable damage that system inflicted on him especially.

In 'Foster Care', It seemed a lot of 'human being privileges', as he like to call them — eating, drinking, resting, exercise, fun and such, the list goes on — weren't for people like Andrew. He was messed up and broken, with no parents or anyone who otherwise cared for his general well-being. He was unloved. And in some sick way, some monsters managed to validate the abuse they dished out by this.

If no one cares about him, why should they?

That, or they simply thought it would be easier to get away with since, for the most part, little kids can't fight back.

Andrew was the reject of a society filled with awfully sick individuals, and Foster Care treated him as such; threw him down to dine with the wolves once he was caught in their sharp and twisted grasps. So Andrew never received many 'human being privileges' since, to many, he wasn't one — a human being — he was a leftover. A mistake. An unneeded, unloved freak.

Andrew wasn't allowed to be sick and he wasn't allowed to cry; he wasn't allowed to express himself nor learn who he was, and why? Because these happen to be 'human being privileges'.

He admits, he wasn't one for trying to express himself in the first place — emotionally at least — but he had still been a kid once, and all kids are bound to cry sometimes.

It still seemed, though, that all the times he recalls these sometimes he doesn't remember a kind smile towards his small shaking frame, nor a plaster placed on his knobbly, bloodied, child knees.

"You should be grateful Andrew, we put a roof over your head, feed you and clothed you, and your sitting here crying!"

"Shut up and grow up! be a man Andrew —Men don't cry!"

"That was nothing! I'll give you something to cry about alright!"

Being unwell didn't offer Andrew much of a break — no solace for the ones from Hell. Whether it be because he wasn't taken seriously, or because no one wanted to clean up sick, especially when it wasn't one's own. Remembering the times he was forced to clean his up his own fresh bile while still feeling its terrible forthcomings left an imprint on him, one similar to those from cruel hands and belts.

Regardless, teachings like that would never bring sudden epiphanies of better behaviour and new reform. They only brought fear, and although fear may be classed as one of those most loved 'human being privileges', 'Foster Care', only thrives on the worst. Gave it to any and especially to those who never asked.