Chapter 12

3 days have passed, Zhan Yao was having a meeting with the Head of MSS and Commander Zhao Fu. While he was feeling deeply resentful of losing Yu Tong so naively. He decided to remain silent while quietly watching his enemy and how she would act without focus and completely distracted.

Liu scoffed kicking the boxes of folders out of her way as she wove through the meeting room. She could hardly believe that she had lost her son, not knowing who had taken him. The odds were circling her head constantly, most likely his father had taken him so that she would not find her way to his secret safe. 

Another possibility was that the Shadow took him secretly because they did not prove her worth in dealing with the situation and solving the issue in the shortest of time. She had been chasing her husband for years. 

The last possibility was that Interpol took him to hand him over to the Russians, as they were also looking for Steven. All of her thinking started to be disorganized and she looked terrified. Soon Zhan Yao broke the heavy silence with a smirk and a disturbing announcement.

"Now you bear the aftermath! I have told you since the beginning we should work without the target involved. You must have underestimated your opponent" Hearing that Liu never failed to draw a hard scowl from the last of her energy. She was certain of her plan only if she wasn't betrayed by a greater power from within MSS.

"I wonder what he is doing now my poor baby!" Head Minister sighed painfully, agonized by the fact she had no news of her beloved son almost crying, she looked at Zhan Yao who didn't fail but to rise her nervousness and anger.

"He either is dead or traumatized for life. If they find him to be useless, they will certainly kill him. But if they are wise enough, they will certainly tell him that he is the key of a mad man's Pandora Box" Head Minister avoided giving much attention to Zhan Yao. But enough of that. She could care less what a crazy person like him thought.

"Rather than talking possible nonsense, why don't you give us a solution, a plan to find him immediately" What she did, was managing to draw from observing Zhan Yao and heard whispers traveling through the seats inside the meeting room. Zhao Fu was saying to Zhan Yao to calm down.

Their last hope was Zhan Yao. As he was considered a ruthless tactician in the field. Never mind the fact he was crude and short-tempered most didn't have the guts to take his crap and dish it back with equal or greater furor. Among all the agents Zhan Yao was an exception, he was called the crazed seventh-eyed maniac. He was truly appalling.

He annoyed Head Minister more than she let on. She shook her head sharply to clear her thoughts. She didn't have time to dwell on this crap. Whatever Zhan Yao had in mind, it had better be worth her while. She needed an effective quick plan to retrieve the target and secure his life and no-one could be entrusted with this mission but Zhan Yao himself. 

"I will find him, but I will work on my own. If I feel that you are tracking any of my movements, I will withdraw from my mission"

"Roger!" Liu swiftly gve him accordance when Zhao Fu objected loudly.

"Wait! This is MSS! How could you work without backups or the help of our professional team" He couldn't lower his voice, he stood not far away from Zhan Yao disapproving as he was only listening to their conversation for a while. He could sense the mocking gaze directed at him.

"Your team didn't help much in the last missions. Do you think they can handle such a task. I m fast, they are slow. They will only hinder my work" Upon hearing that Zhao Fu was left speechless and infuriated. He clenched his fists as he kept glaring at the so confident man.