Chapter 2

Bai Yu Tong was walking through the empty hallway in the security department after he was checked and passed through the body scanner. His sharp eyes were scanning the area to try and locate where he was sent to, to the Counterintelligence Division. A bureau responsible for monitoring and investigating foreigners suspected of counterintelligence activities like diplomats and businessmen.

"Agent Bai Yu Tong!" He heard his name being called, he didn't feel his name had a meaning before adding to it the word "Agent". He averted his body searching for the voice's owner and to his surprise a familiar agent bowed to greet him; Agent Man Ha is a previous trainee in the same year as him was standing across him wearing her badge and looked so professional.

"Do you remember me? We enlisted together in the special training camp." She stated with an honest smile. The look on her face never changed, the same as years before always escaped a hint of interest and feeling so excited to see him.

"Sorry, but I don't remember all of my classmates back then I was only focused on my lessons" Yu Tong didn't fail to reject her each time when he does remember every person with his or her smallest details. He used to be a cold lad little inhuman who has anger issues and doesn't think before he acts.

"I hope you are wiser now, because your untamed temper is a bad trait to have in the field, especially when on a mission to save another's life while trying to protect him against the enemy" Man Ha quickly switched to be expressionless and serious after feeling totally ignored and offended. She just introduced another face that Yu Tong was seeing for the first, a face of a real active agent.

"Follow me please" She escorted him to the fourth bureau were a special team was called for a meeting with the higher ups regarding the new commands. Yu Tong had no idea why he was picked to bear this mission. His brain was full of queries trying to search for a proper explanation. The two arrived at the 4th floor when Zhao Fu was standing on the entrance and welcomed both of them.

"So you two met again agent Yu Tong and agent Man Ha, she is your copartner in your new mission and let me introduce you to your team" He uttered while walking along with them to the meeting room. Three other persons where present there waiting to meet their new commander. They got up quickly to greet Zhao Fu the director of the Counterintelligence Division and the other two.

"Please have a seat" He pointed to Yu Tong before he introduced the other members one by one.

"Bai Chi from the Comprehensive Intelligence Analysis Division, he is responsible for the analysis and interpretation of intelligence materials" He paused before he added.

"Zhao Zhen from Science and Technology Investigative Division, he is the best for inspecting mail and telecommunications and this is Shang Luo a soldier and expert in modern weapons and a previous pilot"

"At last is your copartner Man Ha from the Confidential Communication Division, she is in charge of management and administration of confidential communications" He smiled to Bai Yu Tong before he introduced him.

"This is Bai Yu Tong a previous trainee and your new leader in your current mission. Before I add anything else, his words are your commands, all of you must listen and obey. In case, you suspected anything you report directly to the Minister of State Security, the head of MSS, Miss Liu" Searching for Yu Tong's eyes seeing him startled somehow. He didn't know he could be in direct contact with the head of MSS.

"This meeting is now open for discussion, shortly will join us Miss Liu ans Mr. Zhan Yao our important target. Yu Tong! He is the one you will guard with your life, he is being threatened by one of the scariest Mafia in China. It is called The Shadow"