Chapter 9

Bai Yu Tong stepped inside the room just in time to witness the adorable scene. Although he had missed to see his cat, but the latter wouldn't consider him more important than filling up his own stomach. Zhan Yao had so many orders placed in front of him while he was eating greedily.

Yu Tong hadn't expected to see his happy expression and beautiful face this fast. He inhaled sharply and took a step forward. In the next moment, Zhan Yao finally sensed his presence and looked at him. He swallowed his food swiftly and looked at the amount that was left on the table feeling a bit disappointed. 

"Ah! You!? have you eaten? Because I wasn't expecting you!" As a quick reaction, Zhan Yao pushed the piece of pizza in his mouth. He was mushing the food making a funny face erasing all of Yu Tong's worries and anxiety away. The other smiled at last and nodded.

"I came to share it with you, what you are eating" Upon hearing Yu Tong's words and seeing his confident expression. Zhan Yao's face darkened, he was wide-eyed with astonishment and couldn't help but reject him hard.

"I can share my life with you, but certainly not my food. Sorry, Yu Tong"
An awkward silence ensued. Suddenly, Yu Tong broke the discomforting moment and put his arm around Zhan Yao's shoulder, he then stared at him apologetically.

"Sorry, but right now I don't want your life. I am starving" Hearing that, Zhan Yao covered Yu Tong's mouth with his hand. He raised an eyebrow as a warning to his bodyguard. With no other alternative, he silently pushed him away.

"Go and buy your own food" He ordered with a cold tone. He was annoyed with the interruption while he was eating. For Zhan Yao food always comes first, even before his own safety and big love for Yu Tong. He didn't even feel embarrassed at being discovered as food lover.

"I feel mortified with what you said just now. How dare you be this cruel to me. I was in the verge of death yet I consistently kept thinking about you. But look at you all you think about is food" Yu Tong had been so upset for having ruined Zhan Yao's mood while being intimately loving and cherishing his pizza.   

"However, you are still alive. You did your best to come back safe to me right? And same goes for me. If I don't eat enough, I will die. Can you cope with seeing me die because I haven't eaten since yesterday afternoon" He started talking gently before he raised his voice abruptly and startled Yu Tong. The other looked now annoyed, he then asked him promptly.

"Who was incharge of your protection? Why did they not feed you proparly?" Yu Tong seemed angry now. He pulled him into his arm and started cuddling intimately, he raised his eyebrows with an air of complacency. His lips landed on Zhan Yao's cheek warmly and gently with an urgent need to feel him close.

In the other side, Zhan Yao wished that he could just vanish into thin air. He never thought that Yu Tong will ever return his feelings. He never dreamed of a moment like this to be warm and cozy. His imagination is slowly changing into reality. He doubted whether he made the right choice by confessing or only made things complicated for them as time goes by.

"Let's just forget about MSS and who we are" Zhan Yao inwardly suggested, after he shown a total disregard to both the positions they were in. Seeing how Yu Tong was gently holding him, he regretted ever lying and playing the innocent. He wanted to open up more for him and tell him everything he feels it right for him to know. All away from the threat of the intelligent agency.

"You said you almost died?" His tone changed, he had changed his attitude to Yu Tong so fast. He now showed a hint of concern and worry. He knew that their love was consensual and that they will have issues regarding this, still that didn't ease the discomfort Zhan Yao was feeling. He began wondering whether they should keep their feelings or just get ride of them.