Chapter 10

"Through more searching I got to learn about our enemies, The Shadow. They've been around since the bank account was open. It says on the document that they had been targeting our client since then." Head Minister scratched the back of her neck in attempt of hiding something when Zhao Fu caught that smartly.

"They've been attacking all our data bases to exploit secrets. More importantly, what secrets do these people want?" Bai Chi scratched his head impatiently as he asked. After about an hour of catching up on the history of the Shadow, he logged off the computer to explore the rest of the base.

"Ma'am! Agent Bai Yu Tong and Zhan Yao are waiting in your office" Man Ha annoyingly announced the arrival of her crush and her absolute enemy. She was unhappy to be gathered with them in a closed meeting along with Zhao Fu and Head Minister Liu.

"Did you take Yu Tong's phone?" Liu asked while getting up from her seat and moving outside the meeting room.

"It's under investigation. After we finish the data processing, will send a you a full report" Man Ha answered.

"Good" After being called, Liu walked over with Man Ha and Zhao Fu escorted to her own office. Silence reigned as they reached there and found the two men sitting obediently while waiting. Man Ha closed her eyes and channelled her thoughts into prayer. It's been along time since she last prayed to her ancestors to be just spared from the fierce Zhan Yao.

She heard the sound of disgust and looked over to see a daring man looking over her outfit. Not an elegant embroidered dresse or make-up, she was simply wearing the uniform of the MSS army. She got used to his reaction whenever their eyes met. Zhan Yao could never accept her for wearing an armour uniform. He always considered her unqualified.

"I heard we have a spy inside MSS!" Returning her attention to prayers, she closed her eyes only to be interrupted by the sounds of approaching footsteps and a sharp voice of accusation. She knew who it was. She heard the gossip and seen the spectacle.

"Are you implying something Mr. Zhan Yao?" Zhao Fu didn't appreciate the way Zhan Yao treated their agent with disrespect in front of them all just because she admires his bodyguard.

"Zhan Yao please sit down. It's our duty to solve the matter, you only need to focus on your own safety." The captain's voice said. The figure walked back and reached to his seat just next to Yu Tong who kept quiet suddenly but studying everyone around him.

"Agent Yu Tong! How have you been?." Liu asked, keeping her eyes fixed on him and her hands together before She heard him talk.

"I am well, but why haven't I heard about this meeting only from Zhan Yao? You just made me question who is the real agent here,me? Or him?" Yu Tong asked looking over at her, she turned her face back to look at Zhao Fu, not wanting to see his handsome face as furious as he was because he could shake her consistently.

"We are gathered here for a good reason Which I believe is more important than your question Mr. Bai." Liu smartly replied driving the conversation to her favour.

"You are wanted Bai Yu Tong by not only the Shadow but all the killers for hire on the dark web. And your protection is our main task. We can't keep you on action. You have to be removed as soon as possible and Zhan Yao will be working with someone else" Her lip trembled, the quick tears gathered to her eyes. She hesitated, swallowed hard, to hide her fear and weakness. 

"No way, how did it turn into this? No, no. I want to be his shield, I want to be the one who protect him and be close to him" He cautiously said. Instead, Liu was shocked, she didn't reply to him but waited for him to confirm what she had kept denying.