Chapter 15 << The End>>

"Ahhh, what do you want now?" Zhan Yao kept watching the man as he yelled at him. He wasn't supposed to pardon criminals. But he was compelled to rescue this assassin called Murdoch and return him to the Russians and make a deal with them so that Yu Tong may be left in peace. 

It was very dangerous, going into the main government prison and smuggling the man from there. The operation was very critical, the process of it required strict measures, accuracy and speed in implementation.

Zhan Yao injected Murdoch with a temporary serum to immobilize his body and placed him in a wheelchair.  A new profile and identity was created for him so that he could pass through the international airport. Zhan Yao after he delivered that man to his country, he swiftly received a call.

"Yes" He answered while driving his car back to the apartment.

"Murdoch escaped with help from the Russians, I guess. I just wanted to make sure that you have nothing to do with it." Zhao Fu who was unhappy accused Zhan Yao directly who thought was the only man he knew capable of such a thing.

"Well having Murdoch isn't a big deal, who do you need most? Mrs. Liu right? I know someone who can invade China if that man didn't return to his country. Let's keep our good terms with the Russians, they are allies" Between the two men's conversation, the strength was not in the words of Zhao Fu but in the response and logic from Zhan Yao's side.

"You just made the national security lose a great deal......"

"The great deal you already made with me, now you have very important documents with which you can move whoever you want from his position and amend government seats. You clean up the country of mice and traitors and I protect my man, deal?"

END OF FLASHBACK,

Yu Tong found it unbelievable for Zhan Yao to go that far for him. He furiously turned around to look at his apologetic puppy dog face, it was just screaming 'forgive me'. Yu Tong rolled his eyes at him and heaved out an irritated breath. He looked up from under his eyelashes and the dark brown hair that fell over his eyes.

"Hey, Yu Tong! Why are you looking at me like that, bro.......the.....r?!" He demanded as he grabbed Yu Tong's  arms. Yu Tong was frustrated, but was asking deep within himself "What did I care? I was being more than understanding. I endured a lot of emotional breakdown, fear, loss, betrayal" 

"Brother!? Brother, Brother ....... Brother?" Bai Yu Tong slapped Zhan Yao's arms away especially after he repeated the cursed word multiple times in his head as if trying to learn the word by heart or bury it deep within his conscious.

"No, you're an ass and I hate you. You are not my brother." Yu Tong looked past him, avoiding his eyes. He was having an endless debate inside his mind, "I mean, what gave him the right to talk to me like that? Or call me brother, I mean, I don't care or anything, about the things he does. It's totally his decision to put himself into danger every time. If he wants to go and be a stupid dumb ass and die that's his choice."

"I don't care. Really." Yu Tong was about to leave after he yelled his frustration out loud on Zhan Yao's face. The latter seemed to understand about Yu Tong's inner struggles. He grabbed hold of him and tilted his chin up with his hand so that his eyes were burying his. His teary brown eyes were captivating Zhan Yao's longing ones.

"Steven Yeun!" He swiftly remembered an unwanted someone was standing behind and watching them close. Zhan Yao called with a steady calm tone for his dad while eyes still Fixed on Yu Tong unwilling to divert anywhere around.