four

Octavio turned over, grumbling and muttering under his breath, his hands reaching out to grab at the pillows beside him, clutching them to his chest tightly.

It was almost twelve in the morning and the speed demon was sleeping like a baby.

It was probably the best sleep he's had in-

"OCTAVIO!"

He jerked up, looking around frantically, heart racing and limbs twitching, only to relax when he spotted Elliott in the doorway.

The trickster was grinning widely and Octavio sighed, yawning and running his fingers through his messy hair.

"Rise and shine sleeping beauty. We gotta game today, remember?" said Elliott and Octavio nearly tripped over the sheets as he hurried to get out of bed. "Shit! What time is it? Am I late?" he said quickly, going to his closet, only to pause when Elliott chuckled, leaning against the door.

"Nope! I just felt like fucking with ya. It's only 11:47. The game isn't until three." he cooed and Octavio threw an empty energy drink at Elliott's head, only to choke with laughter when he realized that the can wasn't empty.

"You asshole!"

"My bad, amigo, but you deserved that." he replied and Elliott grumbled under his breath as he rubbed his head, tossing the drink back to the daredevil, who placed it down on his desk.

"Everyone's already up and moving. Ajay told me to check on you cause she was worried you did something stupid after drinking last night." said Elliott and Octavio rolled his eyes as he began getting dressed in a pair of running shorts and a sweatshirt.

"I didn't even do anything..." he trailed off suddenly, images of a laughing Natalie fresh in his mind and he found himself smiling. So that was the reason why he felt so happy that morning.

Elliott noticed this and narrowed his eyes at his friend.

"Didn't do anything? Then what's that smirk about?" he retorted and Octavio shrugged as he pulled on one of his extra face masks (not that anyone could tell the difference), his pilot's hat and his goggles.

"Nothing. I can't just be in a good mood? In fact, aren't I always in a good mood, amigo?" he remarked, brushing past Elliott to get to his kitchen.

"Well yeah but..you're not all..twitchy and shit. Like jumpy and stuff and yelling and stuff." said the charming male as he leaned against the counter, watching as Octavio went into his fridge, grabbing a carton of eggs and some bacon. He moved to the cupboard and grabbed some pancake mix, then turned around, setting everything on the counter.

"I dunno, amigo. I just feel relaxed today. Want anything?" he said and Elliott snorted. "Relaxed? Bullshit..but I'll definitely take a stack of pancakes, extra syrupy."

Elliott watched, his brows scrunched, as Octavio turned on some loud, fast paced music, then began making eggs on the stove. He was singing and banging his head lightly, but he was moving at such a normal speed that Elliott was almost worried.

"Dude. Seriously. What-"

The door opened, interrupting his sentence and the two had looked over to see that Natalie had just peeked in, face pink with embarrassment and a smile on her face. Like Octavio, she had this really happy air.

"Hola, conejita! So you decided to come see what my food's all about, hey?" grinned the daredevil and Elliott's eyes widened with realization as Natalie entered the room further, closing the door behind her.

The beautiful French Legend was in a large tee shirt that had the Legends drawn as chibis on it, with some jeans and sandals.

"Oui. Everything smells really good. Hello Elliott." she smiled, taking a seat beside the tall male and Elliott chuckled. "Hey Nat. So, do anything fun last night?" he smirked and Natalie gave him a confused stare. Octavio groaned under his breath and reached out to shove Elliott.