five

"Hey."

Octane turned slightly from looking through the lense of his Kraber and met Crypto's cold gaze.

The team had killed off four more squads, all random, and Gibraltar earlier. Now there were only three squads left and Octane was the kill leader with thirteen kills. They were in the very center of the ring so it was only a matter of time before the other two squads showed up.

The last two were a random squad and Bangalore's squad.

"What's up, amigo?" replied the daredevil and Crypto narrowed his eyes at the younger male. "Turn your com off." Octane raised a brow but slowly did so, Crypto doing the same. "Something wrong?"

"You need to back off."

Octane stared at the hacker in confusion, standing up from his perch on the ledge of the roof. "Uh, what?"

"Wattson. Stay away from her." said Crypto and Octane frowned. "Why? She's my friend. You can't stop me from hanging around her and I don't think she'd be too happy if you kept her away from me." he replied and Crypto crossed his arms, expression irritated.

"It doesn't matter why, just stay away."

Octane stared at him for a minute then snorted with laughter.

"Oh, is the hacker guy, jealous right now? I didn't think you had emotions." he said and grunted when Crypto shoved him. He glared at the hacker, eyes narrowed. "I dare you to do that again."

The two stared each other down, until the sound of gunshots were heard, bullets spraying the roof.

Octane cursed and turned his com back on, recharging his shields quickly. "I'm down!" called Wattson and the daredevil felt his heart drop. Stupid Crypto. Because of him, they had gotten distracted and now they were being ambushed. By which squad, Octane couldn't tell yet.

And if they kept up like this, the other squad was bound to third party.

"I'm coming for ya, conejita!" he nearly shouted as he jumped off of the roof and rushed under the building. He spotted Wattson hiding in a corner and immediately rushed to her side, sticking a syringe in her chest. "I can't believe I'm standing still! You're lucky I like you." he smiled and Wattson blushed as he pulled her to her feet.

"Thank you." she said as she began healing quickly.

"Any time, hermosa."

"Enemies spotted." came Crypto's voice and Octane hissed when he spotted Caustic's alt at their feet. He grabbed Natalie's arm and stimmed up, the two shooting from up under the building, only to go running right into Bangalore's airstrike.

They just barely managed to get out and take cover.

"I'm down! No bueno." gasped Octane and Wattson jumped up. Bloodhound had been waiting in the trees. They were completely surrounded.

"You go without me, amiga. Lead Bloodhound away while I revive, okay?" he rasped and Wattson nodded quickly, her eyes burning. She knew Octane wasn't really dying, but for some reason it still made her heart stick in her throat. Before she left she placed a few fences around him, turning them on and rushing away just as Bloodhound began firing at her.

"Downed one." muttered Crypto, coughing slightly at the gas that lingered around the building. He healed up, then shot Caustic until he became a Death Box. "Popping a chimney!" and Crypto cursed as he was suddenly submerged in smoke. He couldn't see a thing. So he reloaded his gun and began firing through the smoke.

To his surprise, he hit Bangalore spot on.

She fired back and the two somehow, downed each other.