eight

"Hermosa? You okay?"

Octavio and Natalie had just walked through the entrance gates of the fair, Elliott and the others up ahead making noise and Anita trying to get him to shut up.

"Ah yeah. It's just..I haven't been to a fair in a while." smiled Natalie, her expression sad and Octavio frowned. "When was the last time you've been?"

"Maybe..when I was eight? I don't remember much. Just my dad winning me a bear at one of the games." she replied and Octavio was silent a moment, before grabbing her hand and smiling down at her. Her face reddened and she stared up at him, heart racing.

"Then I'll make sure you remember everything this time. Come on!" he grinned and she laughed as she let him drag her to the nearest game.

"Hey Renée! Wanna ride the Ferris Wheel with me?" asked Elliott, once he spotted Octavio and Natalie holding hands. Renée glanced over, sighing at the childish glint in Elliott's eyes, but smiled slightly. "Fine. Just once. Then let's get food. You're paying."

"Of course, mi'lady!" he grinned, lacing their fingers together gently and smirking when she blushed lightly, letting him pull her away.

Anita grabbed ahold of Makoa without a word and began dragging him toward a ball toss. Pathfinder wondered off with Bloodhound, explaining all the things that they were supposed to do at a fair and Alexander had somehow disappeared with the crowd.

Leaving Ajay and Tae.

The Korean was staring after Octavio and Natalie, his expression envious and hurt and Ajay sighed. "Ya gonna stand dere all day and mope? Or are ya gonna have some fun?"

"What do you know about fun? Fast kid's always complaining about how you never want to do anything." said Tae and Ajay blanked. "What Silva calls fun and what I call fun are two different things." and grabbed Tae's hand, dragging him away before he could protest.

"I bet I can knock down all the cups before you do." smirked Octavio, tossing his ball in the air and catching it soon after. Natalie pouted, eyes narrowed. "I don't actually think this is fair. You're faster than me."

"Nuh Uh. We'll do it at the same time. Ready?"

Natalie sighed but nodded, smiling. The two took their positions in front of the small game stand, balls in hand.

"One...two.."

"Three!" shouted Natalie, Octavio gaping at her as she threw the ball before he could get a chance. But her face reddened when the ball didn't even hit the cups.

Octavio doubled over with laughter and Natalie groaned, holding her face in embarrassment. "Shut up!"

"HAHAHA! CHEATERS NEVER WIN CONEJITA!"

"Tavi!"

"You didn't even graze one-"

"Tavi..shut...up.." she whined, the speed demon snickering quietly as his laughter finally ceased. "What if I don't?" he teased and Natalie huffed, looking away from the daredevil and Octavio pouted playfully, wrapping his arms around her and pulling her in close.

Completely forgetting that they were in a place with a ton of people, some of them fans and were now taking pictures and whispering excitedly.

"Conejita. Don't look away." he whined softly and she bit her lip but didn't respond. "Hermosa..please? Let me see those beautiful eyes." he cooed, smiling widely when she finally turned to face him, her face pink and a shy smile crossing her lips.

"That's what I like to see." he murmured, his hand on her cheek and she stared at him, her eyes flickering down to where his mask covered his mouth. His own eyes darted to her lips and he swallowed. Should he..?