chapter 6: sausage mcgrittle

There were countless tears of joy and excitement, sadness, and emotion. The concert was so much better than they remembered and more. 7 years ago when all they could afford was nosebleeds, being in the pit put them at an advantage to experience everything times 10. After they fought their way through the crowd to get to the front, they quite literally got to experience every song, every lyric, every speech they heard last time, up close and personal.

Reliving this concert, amongst everything that's happened so far, felt like an out of body experience to Alex and Valerie. Coming from 7 years into the future, they have much more insight into what these two bands will look like in the years to come. The crowd around them might have been emotional, but what they don't know is that their favourite bands will have really high highs and devastating lows.

Fans are not ready to see 5sos blow up the way they did in the music industry. They'll have to go through a 3-year hiatus, but the music they produce after that will definitely be worth the wait.

The majority of the fans, most likely being directioners, are ignorant of the heartbreak they'll face in the future. They don't know zayn left, or that one direction will announce an 18-month break but never return. Not to mention that things will remain this way even after their 10 year anniversay.

Everyone in the stadium, people at home, on Twitter--hell, even the bands themselves don't know. But they do.

They captured everything they could, in every way they could, while they could. They relieved the concert twice to get the best videos, pictures, and voice recordings of the momentous teenage dirtbag pie fight concert. Keeping in mind the way they got sick when they traveled to the same moment more than a few times, they put their best effort to get noticed by ot9 and hopefully be invited backstage.

They stuck around until after they finished the encore and did the pie fight and then they quickly crouched down to travel to the moment the lights went out and the music began.

It was more tricky this time because, for some of the ideas they had, they had to travel back in time to the start of the concert, then back home, then BACK to the beginning of the concert again. They only had an hour or so back home so everything they did was time-pressed.

They got inspiration from the people around them and decided to put a one direction ready to run home to whip up a sign real quick. Lucky for them they had the materials on hand already because of a hockey game they were planning to go to that weekend. Loose glitter in the wet glue fell on their heads as they danced and held up their sign:

"Ashton Irwin let me eat that ass like a fucking sausage mcgrittle with extra maple syrup I'd tear that shit up id say some SLORMP on that BITCH you feel me? Your knees could be the apple pie on the side id munch munch that shit and wash it down with a cold glass of my tears."

They thought they had their best shot with this, but unfortunately, that didn't work. Moving on to their second and less likely option, they tried to do what other people in the future had done: dress up in really funky clothes and try to get called on as backup dancers.

This plan was already more tricky for multiple reasons. They didn't have flashy costumes and no one EVER got called on stage to a one direction concert to dance, even in the future. They traveled and went home to dress themselves. To get noticed, the pair decided to put on their flashy new years eve dresses and a ton of Valerie's holographic body glitter as if the glitter from their homade poster wasn't enough already.

The plan? A bust. Compared to the rest of the crowd, a high number of them being years younger than them, they weren't as overdressed as they think. Apparently, wearing a wedding dress is more noticeable than a couple of girls in fancy cocktail dresses and body glitter.