chapter 7: aussies lead the way!

Her head felt like it was pounding and there was a loud buzzing sound that she couldn't quite pinpoint. The pain and the blinding bright lights forced her eyes to stay shut. Regaining a sense of her own body, she lifted her numb hand to her head, but was stopped abruptly. 

"Easy, you don't wanna do that."

She turned her head to the voice, but yelped in pain. 

"--Or that"

Can't move my head? Fine. Valerie thought. Instead, she used her hand once again to get a feel of what's going on around her. It waved in the air for a few moments until it met something round and squishy.

A male British voice yelled with surprise, "HELLO!"

"Sorry, Harry I don't think she meant it!"

"HARRY ST--OUCH" Valerie's attempt to sit up only made things a billion times worse when her forehead collided with Alex's, who was peering right above her. The sudden collision made a loud clunk sound, only meaning that now both of their brains were rattled. 

Alex sat back on her heels and winced as she touched her forehead, while Valerie focused on a new set of sensations. A pack of ice that had been sitting on her face had fallen on her lap, making the heat from her forehead more apparent.

There was a set of voices coming from far above her but she couldn't make out who's who. Guessing by the smooth and soft sensation underneath her fingertips, it was safe to assume she had been lying on the floor or a couch.

"Are you sure your alright--?" Harry bent down to meet Alex's level

"--Yeah we can get you some ice too--"

"--sure, sure, let's go payno before a bruise comes, no time to stand around then, huh?" even though their bickering sounds mean, Louis and Liam set off together to hunt for another ice pack. Alex started to feel her feet go numb and she decided to sit against the couch next to Valerie, who has since laid back down and been holding her head like it was gonna explode.

"Blue or red?" the pink-haired boy asked.

"Any is fine, thanks." she took the blue Gatorade from Michael and he set the red flavor on the table next to the couch for Valerie when she decides to stop being dramatic. She proceeded to take generous sips as she eyed her surroundings. Everything was moving so quickly she hasn't even begun to digest the fact that they were backstage of an ot9 concert--them!

And none of it would be possible without Valerie's fivehead and Ashton fast and heavy drumstick.

She turned to her friend to assess the damage. The medic on staff tried to take her away from Valerie at first, but as soon as she mentioned she was in nursing, he had let her stick around and help. The gash right above her eyebrow was stitched by the experienced medic and was covered in a thick white bandage by Alex herself. If it were any other person she wouldn't have minded doing the stitches, but she didn't want to risk giving her friend an ugly scar.

This girl...she literally said she had a 'good feeling' about this one...I mean...she wasn't wrong though, thought Alex.

She looked around and there were still people flooding in and out of the dressing room--whom she didn't know for sure. She would've been able to notice if she didn't have to worry about her friend almost dying in the middle of the pit. Considering the lack of sleep they've both had and how thirsty they were from partying, it was completely understandable how the force of the drumstick caused Valerie not only to pass out, but to be a little loopy when she started getting out of it.

Liam and Louis came back into the dressing room and worked their way towards the couch of pain. "Here you go," Liam handed over the new ice pack, "that should help it from bruising, or swelling, or both. Ya know?" she nodded and gave her thanks, still not knowing how to properly talk to the members of one direction.