Prologue

In the Cave of the Northern tribe, the five Alphas have come together for a meeting. The mothers brought their children to a safe place for them to play alone. But the youngest, Landon, who was just born 3 days ago, was shy and never met the other pups before.

"Now I must remind you," said his mom to the other pups. " That he's very shy, and you can tell how he feels by looking at his right eye, okay?"

"Okay!" Replied the pups.

They looked around and saw him curled up in a little fluff ball.

"Isn't that him over there?" Asked the brown pup.

"Maybe it's a pile of fur." Scoffed the mysterious pup.

"Zeke, don't be mean!" Scolded one of the sisters. "What if it is the pup?"

"We should probably move slowly towards him," said the orange pup. " We don't want to scare him."

"This will be fun." the brown pup said quietly.

"Tristan," said the other sister. "If you're going to scare him with your eyes, it's the last thing you're going to do."

"What?" Said Tristan. "It's funny."

The little gray pup lifted it's head up to the five wolf pups slowly moving towards him. He started to get scared.

"Hey!" Said the orange pup. "His right eye changed to light blue. I think that means he's scared."

One of the sisters, the pink one, moved closer to the gray pup while the others stood back.

"Sis?" Asked the purple pup. "What are you doing?"

"Trying to calm him down." Replied the pink pup.

Landon's face wrote curiosity and fear now. The pink pup brought her face to his level and began to talk to him.

"Hi little pup," she said. "I'm Carmen. Why don't you play with me and my friends?"

Landon slowly stood up. He shuffled towards the others a little shyly. Besides Tristan, he was a little smaller than the older male wolves. The orange one walked up to him, and greeted him.

"Hello, I'm Michael," he said. "And welcome to our miniature pack."

"I'm Landon." Replied the gray pup, and turned towards Zeke, the mysterious pup.

Zeke didn't say a word to the small gray pup at all. Carmen's sister walked up to Landon and whispered something in his ears.

"That's Zeke," she said. " He's a little mysterious, and doesn't trust new wolves."

Landon looked at Zeke and was a little frightened, but he decided to change the subject and turned to Carmen.

"Who's she?" He asked, after the purple pup left him.

"Oh," said Carmen. "That's my sister, Avani. She's very brave and fierce, unlike me."

"Oh."

"But you'll get used to her. Trust me."

Landon blinked. "Get used to her?"

Carmen sighed, as she began to walk away. " She can be scary sometimes, so be careful."

"O...Okay."

Landon was slightly freaked out, but at least Carmen wasn't completely scaring him.

"Yo."

Landon turned to see Tristan. His eyes were closed, then he suddenly opened them. "Boo!"

"Aahh!" Screamed Landon, and Tristan began laughing.

Carmen and Avani came running once they heard the scream. Avani began tackling the runt while Carmen checked on Landon.

"Sorry about Tristan," she said, sighing. "He thinks everything is funny."

Landon slightly blushed. "I-It's okay."

He sees Zeke staring at him for some reason and it starts to creep him out. Then Zeke walks over to him, but Landon backed up.

"Hey," said Zeke. "I'm not gonna hurt you." Then tackles him to the ground.

"Now listen," Zeke said in a mean tone. "You may be new but don't get comfortable. I hate new members like you, and you may be the last one I ever see." He raised his paw to hit him.

"GET OFF ME!" Landon kicked him back using his hind legs, and Zeke hit the ground hard.

"Grrrr, I'll kill you, you little freak!"

Before anyone could move, they heard wolves start yelling and howling. One of the guards started to help but they couldn't see. The wolves walked into the medical room to see.

"We don't know what it was," the injured wolf guard said in pain. "But all I remember is that it looked like a shadow but visible with red glowing eyes."

Landon's dad started to wonder. "What tribe would attack like this?"

"Sir!" One of the guards ran over. "There's a pack of black figures headed this way, what do we do?"

As Landon's father explained things to the wolf guard, Landon's mother and the others took their pups to a place to stay hidden. Landon's mother was the last to leave.

"Stay safe my pup," she said. "Stay here with the other pups and you'll be safe."

"Okay, mom." Replied Landon, and his mother left.

The gates to the hidden hideout closed, and the pups were left alone.