Chapter 1: Out the Cave

13 years later...

"I'm bored here!" Whined Tristan.

"Quit your whining runt!" Shouted Michael.

"Shut up you two!" Growled Zeke. "I want some peace and quiet!"

"Don't make me tackle the three of you all together!" Growled Avani.

Then there was silence. Landon and Carmen were sitting off to the side watching the four argue.

" Everyone always goes quiet when my sister gets mad." Said Carmen.

"You've been telling me that since we were forced to hide." Mumbled Landon, and he didn't sound happy.

" Our parents wanted us to be safe!"

" It's been thirteen years. I want to know what's out there now."

Avani walked over. " Besides, our food supply is gone."

Carmen sighed and stood up. " Okay fine."

The wolves tried kicking down the doors that blocked their way. After a few pushes and hits, the doors went down. What was on the other side surprised them. Since they have been hiding for the past thirteen years, the world has been changing.

" What on earth happened?" Asked Zeke.

" I don't know." Replied Landon.

The forest they played in years ago was burnt to ashes, and the sunny sky became a cloudy atmosphere. The six wolves looked upon their "home" for a minute before Landon started running towards the cave of the Northern Tribe.

" Landon wait!" Shouted Carmen, and the other wolves followed.

When they reached the cave, all that was found was almost nothing. Everything was burnt to ashes and no one could tell what was burned. What was found were dry bones and blood.

" Who would do this?" Asked Michael.

" And why?" Questioned Tristan.

The wolves searched the area, to see if anything else was left in the cave. Landon remembered about a secret hideout inside the cave, but he couldn't remember where it was. He started tapping on the walls, until he knocked on a hollow rock. He stood there for a long time until he was interrupted.

" Landon?" Asked Carmen. " Did you find something?"

" I think I found the secret hideout in the cave!" He replied.

" I found something else, too!" Shouted Avani.

Everyone decided to check out what Landon found first.

" Is that-?"

" The secret hideout of the Cave of the Northern Tribe?" Landon said, finishing Carmen's sentence. "Yep."

" Let's check what's inside." Said Zeke.

They opened the doors, to find a few things: a dusty map, a few sacks, and another piece of paper.

" What is all this?" Asked Avani, then looked at the map.

" Besides the map," answered Zeke. " Resources, but no wolves."

" Speaking of which..."

Everyone turned to Avani. "What?"

" When Zeke mentioned 'wolf' it reminded me of what I found."

" Yeah and what did you find?" Replied Landon.

Avani left the room and ran into a tunnel in the cave. The other wolves all of a sudden became curious.