Chapter 4: Out Of Control

Half of the Dark Wolves were knocked out. As Michael tackled down a wolf, he caught sight of Landon, and his sudden transformation.

" Guys!" Michael shouted. " Landon's gonna go out of control again!"

Landon's right eye had transformed into that reddish color again, and parts of his skin were turning black. Everyone stopped fighting, including the dark wolves, and stared at Landon. His friends began to worry a little, while all the dark wolves began to circle Landon. His friends huddled close to each other, just to be safe.

" What's going on?" Asked Alannie. " Why did we huddle together?"

" Just watch." Said Carmen, just as Landon made a quick pounce on one of the dark wolves.

" Attack him!" Yelled Ben's sister, and howled.

The dark wolves attacked Landon, but Landon was quick. He moved out the way when one wolf was going to attack, and pounced ones that were trying to block his way. Landon's friends just watched him.

" He's seriously gonna kill them," Said Avani. " What he's doing looks sick!"

" Well," began Pyro. " What's he gonna do when he finishes them off?"

" Definitely NOT attack us next." Blurted Zeke.

" ZEKE!" Avani shouted.

" What?"

Landon had finished off all the dark wolves, but he hadn't snapped out of his form yet. He turned to his friends, and they all backed up. Avani began to walk forward, but Carmen held her back.

" Don't think about it." Carmen said.

" Either I knock him out like last time," Said Avani. " Or he kills us."

" I'd rather die."

" Suit yourself." Landon pounced at Avani pinning her down. " Ack! Get off me!"

" Sis!" Screamed Carmen, as she watched her sister get scratched in the face. " Landon stop!"

" Landon! Get off her!" Michael shouted, as the others tried pushing Landon off of Avani.

Avani was already hurt, and Landon was scratching and biting her endlessly. Finally, Ben pushed Landon, and pinned him down. As Carmen and Alannie took care of Avani, the boys tried calming Landon down.

" Landon!" Said Ben. " Knock it off! You're going to hurt someone else!"

Zeke couldn't wait, so he knocked Landon out while the grey wolf was still pinned to the floor. The other boys gave Zeke a look.

" Did you have to knock him out?" Asked Pyro.

" Why not?" Replied Zeke.

" Well," said Tristan. " What are we going to do now? Landon's knocked out, Avani's hurt, we can't go far."

" Unfortunately, we'll have to move far away from the dark wolves," said Michael. " And then stop traveling until Avani heals."

Zeke didn't look happy, and walked away.

" Where are you going?" Asked Carmen, as he brushed past her.

" I'm going to think." Zeke replied, and sat somewhere alone in the forest.

A couple hours later, the group was up and walking. Landon had woken up, but Avani was still hurt and unconscious. Zeke had her on his back, and he kept looking back at Landon with his face saying " I'm going to kill you." The entire trip, Landon always kept thinking: Why do I keep going out of control like this? Is there a reason I look different from my friends? Did mom or dad ever have this problem? Once we free them, I will ask them.

" Landon?"

Landon turned around and saw Carmen. She looked sad, and worried. Worried her sister is badly hurt? Or worried Landon will lash out again and hurt more wolves. Landon turned away, and gave a long sigh.

" What do you want from me?" He asked, softly. " I really hurt your sister. Why do you want to talk to me?"

" You didn't hurt my sister," Carmen said. " Whatever was controlling you is the one that hurt my sister."

Landon saw Zeke turn around, his death glare still stuck to his face. Landon knew Zeke would probably fight him later. At least that's what his face said. Carmen noticed Zeke's stare too, and walked over to him. Landon knew Carmen would talk to him and make him stop the thought of wanting to fight Landon for hurting Avani. After a while, Carmen and Zeke had finished talking to each other, but Landon didn't know what Carmen told Zeke that made the dark blue wolf still look a little mad.

" Carmen?" asked Landon. " What did you talk to Zeke about?"

" Nothing really," replied the pink wolf. " Just explained what I told you about the thing inside you that's controlling you."

" That's it?"

" What did you expect?"

Landon sighed and shook his head. " Nevermind."

" We should probably stop here for the night," said Michael. " Carmen, you okay being alone with your sister?"

" Yes." Carmen replied, as Zeke placed Avani somewhere on the floor.

Landon was still feeling guilty for hurting Carmen's older sister, and was even more scared whenever Zeke gave him the "I'm going to kill you" look, even though Carmen already talked to him.

Landon walked over to the opposite corner, and immediately fell asleep. They aren't going to move from the same area for a while.