Chapter 6: The Tunnel

Many minutes later, the pack was almost to the top. Most of them were very tired. Landon, Michael, and Tristan were still going.

Landon looked back. " Come on! Almost there!" He shouted, his voice echoing.

"Wait!" yelled Ben.

" Wait what?" Asked Tristan.

"CAN YOU SLOW DOWN YOU RUNT!" Yelled Avani.

Landon made it to the top of the mountain and saw the Dark Wolf tribe's village. Everyone else made their way up to see it as well.

" That's where are parents being held captive." said Michael.

" Please don't be dead, please don't be dead..." Carmen repeated endlessly.

Landon walked over to Carmen and hugged her.

" I'm sure they're okay." He said.

"We have to blend in. And I know how." said Ben.

The wolves turned to Ben. " How?" Asked Pyro. " I don't see anyone around here carrying paint."

Ben smirked. " I know someone that can help us. She's in the city though."

" Who?" Asked Michael.

Ben walked forward a bit, and sighed. " My little sister."

The pack followed Ben, from behind the homes of the wolves around them. When they passed by a wolf, they immediately hid behind some hanging fabric somewhere in between some homes. Soon, the pack reached one small house.

" This way." Ben said, and scratched at the door.

At the same time, a slightly smaller paw opened the door. The wolf peaked out, and Landon was able to get a glimpse of her. She was the same color as Ben and the other wolves, but she was spotted black and red like a ladybug.

" Ben!" The wolf said. " What are you doing here?"

" Is mom and dad home?" Ben asked.

The wolf shook her head. " Nah. They went out. But I don't know for how long."

" Just let me and my friends in please?"

The wolf shrieked when she saw the other wolves behind Ben. Landon could tell she was a little frightened.

" B-Ben?" The wolf stuttered. " Th-They are enemies!"

" It's alright," Ben said. " They're friends. Just let us in please!"

The wolf hesitated, then she began urging Landon and his friends inside the cave-like home.

" Thanks, sis." Ben said, and he and his sister booped noses.

Landon walked over, but Ben's sister backed away.

" Hey. It's alright," Landon said. " My name's Landon. What's your name?"

" Ben didn't tell you my name?" The wolf asked. " Okay then. My name's Grace."

" So where is the paint?" asked Zeke.

" Right here." says Ben as he pulls out some black paint and splashes it on Zeke. " And Landon already has a disguise."

" But he can't control himself in that form," said Carmen. " What if he-"

Landon shushed her. " I'll be fine. I just need to find out how to control myself."

" I have an idea. Grace, get the vaccine I've been working on?" asked Ben

" What vaccine?" asked Avani.

" It will let Landon gain control for 5 minutes." said Ben as Grace gave him the bowl with a liquid in it. "Drink."