Chapter 8: The Prison

Carmen woke up, only seeing dim light and dark walls. She got up slowly, seeing her sister and her friends all unconscious on the hard floor.

" Avani? Sis, wake up!" Carmen said, shaking her sister.

Avani slowly opened her eyes and looked around the new area. She didn't look happy. She shook the others awake, and they all looked around immediately.

" Where are we?" Asked Tristan.

" A prison," Growled Avani. " Almost like the cave back home."

She rammed herself into the solid walls, and looked up at the ceiling, where metal bars were.

" Hey!" She shouted. " Let us out or I swear to the wolf spirits I will come out there to bite you!"

" Avani," Said Carmen. " Calm down-"

" Calm down?!"

Carmen stepped back. The others were frightened too. Avani walked over to an empty corner and sat down.

Meanwhile, Landon was back in Brooklynn's cave with Faith, Grace, Olivia, Pyro, Alannie, and Ben. Since they were the only wolves that didn't go to the arena, Landon told them what had happened.

" Oh no," Ben said. " Poor wolves."

" Hard to know your father is the brother of the Alpha," Grace said. " Sad."

" It is," Landon said. " I couldn't believe I didn't notice this sooner."

He scratched at the cave walls as he continued.

" I really hurt Carmen, and let my friends and family down. I left them in the arena, and I have no idea where they are now."

" Maybe any of you Dark Wolves know?" Asked Alannie.

The Dark Wolves shook their heads. " There's a reason we're spotted instead of completely black," Said Grace. " Except Ben."

" Why?" Asked Pyro.

" We've been doing more good things than Ben has," said Olivia. " Our real color starts showing off more if we aren't following the Dark Tribe laws. And if you already have colored spots on you, your memory of where enemies are kept is erased from your head by the ones still loyal to the Dark Tribe's Alpha."

Ben looked at the tip of his tail, and noticed a spot of green. " Ayo. Change that. I'm no longer completely black!"

Everyone stared at the green spot and the Dark Wolves cheered. " You're one of us, big brother." Grace said, hugging Ben.

" Wait," Said Landon. " Ben! You must know where our friends are kept!"

Ben shuffled and looked down, nervously.

" I know where it is," He said. " But it's heavily guarded."

" Then I have no choice." Landon Transformed but he was in control.

Landon walked towards the entrance of the cave, but was stopped by Ben.

" Where are you going?" He asked. " I hope you're not trying to go out there alone."

" That's what I'm gonna do." Landon said, and ran out of the cave.

Back inside the prison, Avani was still shouting and yelling at the guards outside, annoying the guards.

" Shut up down there!" said one of the guards. " Or I'll have to gag you!"

" She's gonna be ramming the walls," said the other. " I don't think gagging her would be a good idea. She's the fiercest out of the five tribes."