Ch. 15| He is caring

Naira was feeling pain in her lower back. She tried to distract herself from that pain and was trying to look normal but her pain wasn't letting her to. And then realisation hit her. It's her months time.

Shit! She excused herself and went to washroom. And she was correct! Thanks to her habit that she keeps napkins with her everytime. After sometime she came back from washroom but her pain increased. And it was getting unbearable for her.

She tried to act normal but she was failing miserably. They were sitting in the Dhaba. She somehow spent some time but after every passing minute her pain was increasing.

"Guys,I brought you all Hot chocolate..see." Kartik said and gave it to everyone. He came to Naira and gave it to her looking in her eyes. It was looking as if he did it deliberately. But why would he? She shrugged her thoughts. Maybe she is just assuming.

Yes, she knows that hot chocolate is good for this condition but it was just a coincidence. Right? But she was mentally thanking Kartik for bringing it. She needed it. Her lips curved up from the corners as she thought what is the connection between them. He brought something which she needed even if she didn't ask him to.

Is there really a connection between them?

After having food. All students marched upto the bus and got on. They both were in the last  Kartik was ahead Naira. He climbed up the stair of the bus. Naira Looked at it and was uncomfortable. But nevertheless she has to do it. But just then she saw a hand in air. She looked at it perplexed and then looked at the person. He smiled and blinked his eyes assuring her. She took that hand and he helped her in climbing that high step of the bus.

"Thank you!" She whispered looking at him. He smiled softly. His eyes looked at her concerned. 'are you fine?"  He asked and She nodded albeit her pain is still unbearable. But she  tried to smile but just then her back pain increased abruptly which made her shriek in pain. But she bit her lip to stop the shrieks.

"Naira,what happened? Are you fine..khi dard ho rha h..Is everything fine?..kya hua...batao na!" He asked her not giving her chance to answer.

"Nhi Kartik, actually my ear is paining because of this earring. But m nikal deti hu..tab aaram mil jayega.. don't worry. " She assured him and soon both sat in the bus. Kartik excused himself as there was time in moving.

She sat there bearing pain. While some tears roll down her cheeks. But she wiped them. It is bearable! She chanted in her mind but that pain wasn't letting her sit peacefully. After sometime, Kartik came and sat beside her.

"Where were you?" She asked.

"I brought 'sauf'. " He smiled sheepishly and offered her. She looked at him, smiled and took some from him.

Naira was looking outside through the window and was trying to bear the pain while Kartik was listening music in his earphones. He took out his earphones.

"Naira!" He called.

"Haan"

"Lo,Ye hot water bag." She looked at him.

"Wo actually.......meri back baithe baithe akad gyi thi..so I brought it for myself. Ab mujhe aaram h..so I thought .That you may need it. So!". He offered her. Naira's eyelashes became heavy with tears. She smiled widely and took it from him. Blinking back her tears. She kept it behind her back.

He again plugged his earphones. While she closed her eyes taking back her happy tears. She isn't that dumb that she will take this as a coincidence. She knew that he knew about it. And he did it for her. She released a breath before again looking outside the window.

She just can't believe that Kartik is in her life. A person like him is in her life. He didn't want to make her embarass so gave several excuses. A lump formed in her throat as she recalled those years. Where no one was there to take care of her.

And now she felt a wave of happiness and contentment. Just a question revolved in her mind. How does she get so lucky? To have him in her life.

She recalled every moment of him,with him. And then stole glances of him who was listening to the songs with his eyes closed. And was humming simultaneously. She adored him. Oh! How she wants to embrace him! Hug him and thank him for everything he did  for her.

After sometime,she felt something on her shoulder. She turned to see his head on her shoulder. He was sleeping with his mouth open. Like a tired child. She chuckled. And kept his head comfortably on seat but again his head dropped on her shoulder. She smiled and took out his earphones from his ears and placed his head comfortably on her shoulder. Her hand caressed his hair. And she felt jitters through her body but It was also calming her,her mind,her heart. While he snaked his hand around her and snuggled into her. Her breath hitched on his action. She held her breath. Thank god, everyone was sleeping because of tiredness! She would have died blushing if someone would have spotted them like this. And soon because of tiredness. She drifted to sleep.

©©©©©©©©©©©