6

Like most graduated newly minted, identification cards and everything, ninja. Naruto was excited. He wanted to scream he passed from the top of the Hokage Monument. But he didn't. Why you ask? He was in a meeting with the third hokage.

   "Now Naruto explain what happened again?" The old man asked again for a clearer description of the incident.

   "I was waiting for you, like you had asked me," the blonde slowly came down from his graduating high. "Mizuki came up to me and started talking. I was put on edge, because he never wants to talk to me." The boy took a deep breath, "then he told me I needed to steal a scroll to prove I was worthy of being a ninja. That you had sent him to tell me so. The voice told me it was suspicious, not that I needed it, and I called one of the ANBU to come as he kept saying I needed to do it."

   An ANBU stood next to the preteen and took up the story from there. "I heeded the call thinking it was a prank, but as I listened to the traitor and watched Uzamaki- san frantically repeat the notice me sign. I quickly took him down and sent for back up."

   "Thank you Neko," the old man hissed a frustrated sigh. "Return to what you where doing. Naruto I will ask that this stays quiet. No one knows. No one is allowed to know."

   A quick salute, "Yes Sir."

  ~𝕳𝖊𝖑𝖑𝖔. I am back and another filler/it follows the original in spirit.
         ~ᚦᛇ35