8

It was time for team placement. Not that Naruto was looking forward to it. If it was like the earlier placements then Naruto was going to be placed with the two highest score placers. Sakura Haruno was the best possible bet for the girls. Sasuke Uchiha was sadly the only possibility for the highest scoring male. Both despise the cheerful blonde.
   Naruto was not actually looking forward to team placements. He did not want to be on a team with either of those two. 'Uchiha is to high and mighty to work with me. Sakura?'
   "Kid the girl is loud, for starters. Louder then a ninja should be. Not to mention a rabid fan girl." The boy deflated. He still wanted to get to know her better. He thought she could be a good friend when they were younger, but is slowly loosing hope on that front. "You're not much better on the loud front either."
   'Hehe I know,' the blonde looked at the carrots the Hokage brought him in hopes of getting the boy to eat better. 'It's a habit. It was the only way to get people to look at me so I used it.' The boy grabbed the carrots. He was going to do it, he decided. "I'm going to make some of these. Now to find that cook book I found last month."
   He found it. It was under his bed; stoping it from wobbling. He found one that looked good, but once he tried to read it, neither of them knew what was going on.
   "Two cups of water, boil," the voice read out. "One teaspoonful salt, half teaspoon pepper, half a tablespoon of honey."
   "What is a tablespoon, or teaspoon?" The blonde looked ready to cry. "I just wanted to make carrots." The deafening silence as a response from the voice was far from reassuring.
   "We can ask someone tomorrow," the voice, normally sure in tone, was unsteady. 'I can't believe I never learned how to cook. I feel like an idiot. I'm an ancient being of chakra and knowledge. How do I not know this?'

~ TTFN
     ~DS35