Chapter 1

All my life, I have had only one goal and that was to be announced as the entrepreneur of the year by Forbes.

By the way I am Lisa , I am the owner The Bubble Tea Factory, ya the Boba balls. I know everyone thinks it's an unprofitable business but those are for people who don't have what it takes to make a business from zero to millions.

Today is a big day for me as I am being announced as the entrepreneur of the year by Forbes, I wish my mom was here with me to see her little girl achieve everything she wanted in life.

"Nia, what is wrong with you? I told you everything needs to be perfect and look at these earrings it doesn't match with the dress at all."

Nia is my personal assistant, but she is more like family. She is the sister I never had and also the organiser I never could be.

"Lisa, I know you are nervous but you chose these earrings yourself saying that it made you look extra, did you forget about it so fast?"

Ever since I got a call from Forbes, I have been in so much excitement and rush that I can hardly remember anything and Nia she has always got my back.

I get dressed in a jet black fitted evening gown by Vera Wang and classic Louis Vuitton's and I look at the picture of my mom , she would have been very proud.

"Lisa the Limo is here, should we tell them to wait?"

"No, I am done, let's go."

I have never been this nervous in my life, except for the time when I had to give a speech for my graduation.

"Also did Noah call? Also did he leave his place?"

"Lisa he his on his way"

Noah is my childhood friend and also my date for the awards. He has been there for me in all my difficult times, he is more like a family to me. We have done everything together like our first alcohol night to our late night parties, we are almost inseparable. He is the one person he always has my best interests in his mind. After mumma's death he has been my mental and emotional support, always showing up when I have my breakdowns and always pampering me. Noah is just the person I'll go to with all my problems, he holds a really special place in my heart.

"Are we there yesterday? Is my makeup in place, do you think I should touch up a little" I speak nervously.

"Lisa you have aced everything in life, why are you so nervous for an award function, common girl you look fabulous, now just smile there are slot of cameras that will be focused on you." Nia smiles as she consoles me.