Chapter 3

*alarm rings*.....

The sun is shining so brightly. I get up, complete my morning exercise, freshen up and start cooking breakfast when my phone beeps.

*You matched with John. Do you want to take the blind date forward?*

I am so confused now and the next thing I know I am dialing Noah's number.

"Hello" Noah replies in a sleepy tone.

"So I downloaded a dating app and it shows I have a match, what should I do."
"You disturbed me early in the morning for this Lisa, if you have a match then go on a date, live life, have fun and let me sleep. Bye." Noah cuts the call abruptly.

I guess I should have a little fun.

*Yes I want to proceed*
*You have a date at The Bubble Tea Factory*

That's funny I have a date at my own cafe.
The rest of the day goes by so fast and it's almost time for the date.

*Phone rings*
*Unknown Caller*

As such I am getting late and now unknown people are calling me.

"Hello, who is this?"

"Hi, Lisa. This is John your blind date, what time should I pick you up?"
"Oh, hey John, lets do one thing let's meet up at the cafe directly."
"Okay, then see you sooon, Lisa."
"Ya, bye"

How can someone just tell their address without even meeting them, anyways let's get ready. I put on a casual outfit with blue jeans and a white T-shirt with some white converse and a high ponytail. This outfit can never go wrong.

I reach the cafe and find John already seated inside.

"Hi John."
"Hi Lisa, you look even prettier in person."
"Thank you" I reply awkwardly.

I always make mental notes on my mind about people I meet and his one is definitely not one I should use my memory storage for. He is way too clingy, but his dressing sense is not so bad. He is wearing a white shirt layered with a blue and black checkered shirt and black pants. Not so bad.

"What will you have then ,Lisa?" John asks me with all smiles.
"The pizza here is very nice and also the classic bubble tea, they are all handmade and no artificial boba is used here."

By the time I finish telling him this I notice him still smiling from ear to ear, it's kind of confusing to understand what he is thinking.

"I'm glad I chose to come for the date, after 5 minutes of knowing you I feel like we are a good match and ya let's order the pizza and classic bubble tea."

God, he is so cheesy, I cannot deal with a person like him.

"Waiter, please take our order."

"Yes si...... oh good evening ma'am, are you here for the inspection?" the waiter asks after seeing me.
"Hi Alex, no I'm here with a friend, get us two classic bubble tea and an extravaganza pizza please."

"I'm a bit confused, how do you know the waiter Lisa?" John asks in a very confused way.
"Sir, Maam is the owner of the cafe no she is the owner of the franchise." Alex replies before I even open my mouth.

"Thank you Alex, that much is enough." I fell awkwardly.
"That's why you look so familiar, I saw you on TV receiving the award. By the way congratulations and it's an honour to meet you." John's tone immediately changes after knowing who I am.

The whole dinner goes by in an awkward silence, but eew he chews with his mouth open. If you know me you should know this for a fact that I hate people who chew without closing their mouth. And also he kept looking at me after we asked for the bill, I'll only pay for the dinner.

"Should I walk you home,Lisa?" John asks.
"Uhh no, I have some work here, you can go ahead."
I really didn't want him to walk me home at all, and I don't think so I'll meet him ever again.

I will die alone without any boyfriend, now I know that.

"Alex, come here, why did you have to open that big mouth of yours."
"Ms. Lisa he was not so great, I just helped you out, and as such you paid for the whole dinner. He has no manners. Trust me Ms. you will thank me someday."
"I was going to reject him myself, he is not worth my time and memory, anyways how is business going?"
"Ms. since you have won the Entrepreneur of the year, business has increased a lot, people come here because they know you from the Forbes Award function."

"Okay then I'll leave. Do some good business and give the other staff members extra money for the day. See you"

In my bath tub all I can think about is how alone I am in my life, when will I get to be with someone and travel with them. I am sick of travelling alone.