Chapter 6

By the time I return with the food and drinks I see Noah has already made a cozy setup for the movie. Since we were kids Noah has known my love for movies with a cozy setup.

"Shall we start now?" Noah asks
"Yuuuuup"

The movie was okaish only, I don't have a thing for romantic movies but Noah loves loves loves the romance genre, so I really can't fight with him in this one.

"It's very late at night Noah, go sleep in the guest room, don't drive"
"Ya, okay then goodnight, sweet dreams"

Noah hugs me and then goes to the guest room. I wash my face and brush my teeth and while doing that my thoughts again linger to having a relationship. Why is it so hard to meet a person who I love and the one who loves me, everyone has one or the other problem that I don't like or even if I like something just pops up.

I gargle, apply my face cream and get into my bed, when phone gets a notification ping.

*ping*

*You matched with Pete. Do you want to take the date forward?*

I keep matching with these guys but no one literally reaches up to my standards, it's so hard in this day and age to meet someone special in your life. I guess I'll have to keep trying until I succeed.

*Yes I want to proceed further*

*phone rings*

It's an unknown number, but what if it's importantly, anyways I pick up the call to hear a man speak.

"Hello Lisa, This is Pete, we just matched on Blindie. And the place elf our date has not been given , so where do you wanna go?"
"Huh, Hello Pete, isn't it too late at night to talk about these things, why don't we decide these tomorrow itself??"
"Oh I know, so how are you doing?" he asks.
"I'm doing good Pete, What about you?"

By the looks of it I know Pete won't hang up easily.

"So what type of a person are you Lisa?" Pete asks.
"Umm, I am a hard worker." I try to keep my answers short and also try to be uninterested in his talk so that he hangs up, but I don't think so that will happen easily.
"Well, if you were to ask me I am a very fun loving person I guess, I love being around people. It makes me happy." He answers your the question I haven't even asked.

We almost speak for the next 45 minutes after which I gain the courage to tell him.

"Pete, it's almost 2 in the morning and I have a busy day ahead, so goodnight."
"Ya, sure Goodnight. We even have a date to plan." He laughs and cuts the call.

As soon as I lay my head in the pillow I am fast asleep, but how could I forget Noah and his sleep walking, just when I thought I could rest there are loud knocks coming from the guest room. This way I should just stay awake the whole night.

I get up to go to Noah's room. I open the door to see Noah hitting his head in the cupboard in his sleep.

"Noah" I whisper.
"Hmmmmmm." Noah replies
"Come let's put you to sleep." I take Noah till the bed and tuck him in when the most unexpected thing happens.
Noah grabs me by my waist and pulls me close to him. His grip is too hard to let go. Just when things were getting weird Noah starts blabbering.

"You don't need to go on those blind dates, you have me."

I look up to see him speaking in his dreams. I slowly try to remove his arms but it just kept getting tighter.

"Noah" I say.

Just when I was about to call his name he comes closer to my face and kisses me.
For all that I know I have always treated him as a brother and now things have gone way to awkward. I forcefully push Noah away and go back to my room.

Looks like today was a day in which there was no sleep meant for me. I try reasoning with myself thinking about how Noah must be seeing some girl in his dreams and thought I was one of them, or he was having a disgustingly naughty dream, or he was replaying the whole movie in his dream, but who else is going on blind dates.

By the times it's 5 in the morning all I could think about was the kiss Noah gave me. He may not know what he did but it will be really awkward for me to go in front of him or be around him.