Chapter 9

"Noah, leave. I don't want this to continue. It's wrong, I don't want to lose a friend like you. I can't afford to lose people in my life, so no we will not see each other as anything other than friends." I say with tears rolling down my cheek.

"If you don't try it how will you know it Lisa, common give us a chance who knows what you are looking for is in me." Noah bangs the door with frustration.

"Why to try something ? No leave Noah." I scream.

"Lisa by doing this you are again not solving anything, do you want to date creeps like yesterday who try to drug you and cheat on you. I have loved you for years Lisa. Come out let's talk it out. Please."

What is there to talk about now, I have lost Noah as well. Why did I have to kiss him, but what is this feeling I have towards him and when did it start. I might have liked him as a kid but now it feels weird, all those feelings had not died instead it had been hidden. Should I give it a try or should I just, why am I even thinking these things. At this point I don't know what to do, I am clueless about everything. I open the door to see Noah there, he is tensed.
He walks straight towards me and holds me by my hands, all I do is look down.

"Liz look at me, why don't you want to be with me? I won't ever leave you, I have loved you for years and you think I'll leave you after that?"

Noah's eyes are filled with tears, it hurts me to see him like this and that too because of me. He was smiling just moments ago and now he has tears all because of me, does he really love me that much? Why am I even questioning that, he kissed me in his sleep and now too. Do I like him? No no Do I love him???

"Give me some time Noah. You can stay here if you want to, but just give me some time to process it." I say without looking him. I'm afraid to even look him in the eye.
"I'll give you time, but do think carefully Lisa, I really love you and I would never do a thug to hurt you ever." He says and enters the guest room.

I'm left there standing in the living room. The next thing I know I'm taking out my album box and looking at all the pictures of me and Noah since we were kids, how we had mini pool party at his backyard or how our moms loved knitting sweaters for us or how we always went as a two man team on Halloween or the times we had our artist phase which he continued but was not my cup of tea. There were pictures from our high school graduation, prom and college graduation. I would not trade what I had with Noah over anything, my best friend.

I don't know when I pass out seeing all the pictures, when I wake up I see Noah sitting on the floor with his head on my bed asleep, he face is so close to mine, I touch his cheeks and think to myself about how he was right next to me all my life and I was the "Blindie". I kiss his nose and put a blanket over him, then I go to the kitchen to make black coffee for myself.

I hum to myself and make the coffee when someone hugs me from the back, I turn around to see Noah smiling.

"So, what did you think about in your time off?" He asks
"That I'll have to call my best friend and take his suggestion, so excuse me please." I smile and go to get my phone.

I dial the number.

"Hello, listen there is this boy who likes me since we were kids and I kinda like him too. What should I do?" I ask.
"Well well, you should just say yes, because she loves you so so so much and he is coming over to your room to give you loads and loads of love."

Noah enters the room throws his phone on the bed and hugs me so tightly. I feel happy right now, at ease and content.