Chapter 2

"So the lady of the hour has finally arrived"
"Noah, I am very nervous, I feel like I might throw up."
"Come here everyone is waiting for you"
Noah extends his arm towards me and we walk down the red carpet.

"Ahhh here she is Ms.Lisa,you look lovely in that dress, what are you wearing today?" asks the presenter.

"Hello, Ann you look lovely as well, I am wearing Veronica Wang today."

The function takes place in full swing with dances and musicians.

"And now we come to the most awaited part of the show, and the Entrepreneur of the year is, any guesses, it's Ms. Lisa, owner of the Bubble Tea Factory, she started her company in 2017 and has reached the million dollar mark, with franchises all over the world. Congratulations Ms. Lisa and we would love to hear a few words from you."

"Firstly, thank you everyone, I believe I owe it all to my staff members and consumers, thank you for helping me reach where I am today. And mostly I would thank my mom for believing in me. Thank you."

On my way back home I only kept thinking of one thing, I got everything I wanted and yet I was feeling empty, what is it that I don't have?
I kept tossing and turning the whole night because I didn't know what my goal was now that I had achieved my previous goal.

*ping*
*ping*
*ping*

"You are getting a hell lot messages these days girl, did you find yourself a man." Noah asks.
"No I don't have time for that and these messages can be work related as well, and should I drop you off at the gallery." I say
"Ya the gallery is fine and call me when you reach home." Noah hugs me and gets off the car.

I check my phone and I find it strange that I have no messages and yet my phone kept ringing with notifications.

I then notice that I have been receiving notifications from the App Store. I scroll to look at the notification, it's just an Ad for a dating app.

Dating.... now I know what is missing in my life, love. I have a pretty bad history of boyfriends. Some come out to be too possessive, some are the clingy type and some are in it for the money. So it's hard to find good people these days.

I quickly download the app, it's called Blindie. I fill in my details and the details of the type of person I would like to date. It was strange that the app would decide on a blind date for me, but there is no harm in trying.

I keep my phone on the bed side table and go to sleep.