Chapter 20- Puppy Love

Harry's P.O.V.

"That one!" Louis exclaims, point at the small, light brown labrador puppy.

"No, it'll get too big! It will take over my house.." Julia says with a sad face.

"I named this one Charlie!" Niall yells, carrying the German Shepard puppy.

"That's so cute!" Julia exclaims, taking it from his hands, a frown coming to his face.

"That was mine!" He says, taking it back, and walking away to the other side of the room.

I look down at the little white puppy in my hands, examining it's small face. I run my hand on it's small body as it starts to dose off in my lap. In the corner of my eye, I see Julia crawl over, sitting down next to me. She lays her head on my shoulder, causing me to lightly shudder. The puppy wakes up, lifting it's head and looking up at her. Her small hand scratches it's little head causing it to close it's eyes in complete happiness. She stops, smiling at it. It stumbles a bit in my lap before getting up, and plopping down in hers. A huge grin forms on her face as she looks to me, a playful sparkle in her blue eyes.

"You like him?" I whisper, looking at her in pure delight.

"I think he's the one." She smiles.

"I think he likes you too." I smile back at her, crawling back over to the other kennels. Letting her have time with the puppy.

"Does she like that one?" Louis asks, startling me.

"I think, she said she thinks that's the one." I say smiling again.

He looks at me, "You like her a lot, don't you?"

I look down at my lap at the sudden question, "I do, I don't think I thought it would get this far.."

He raises an eyebrow at me, "Every opportunity has a shelf-life Harry."

"I know, I just don't know if she's ready. I mean, maybe she doesn't like me like I like her? You never know." I shrug my shoulders, secretly wanting confirmation that she does, indeed, like me like I like her.

"I don't know Harry, she seems like she does, but she's scared. You know that also."

"She doesn't need to be scared of me though Lou, I would never hurt her." I sigh, knowing I have to tell her at some point.

"I can almost guarantee you will, did you forget we leave in three weeks?" He states, matter-of-factly.

"I never forgot, how could I? I mean, it's a tour where I have to leave her for three months. There's no forgetting."

I look over at the blonde, gently touching the puppy, as if she would pet it too hard and it would break. Her careful hand twirling it's tail in between her fingers. The small smile that comes to her lips, those lips, when the small dog moves. The blonde hair falling in front of her face. There's no forgetting Julia Hayes.

Julia's P.O.V.

"Excuse me," I say waving my one hand,"Can I get some help?"

"Yes? What would you like?" The kennel manager asks.

"Can I adopt this puppy?" I ask, smiling largely.

"Oh! Yes of course! One second!" She says, taking the puppy from me, and walking into another room.

I sit there waiting for a few minutes, before standing when she comes back into the room with him, and a few collars in her hand.

"Which one would you like?" She asks, holding out five collars, all different colors.