Chapter 22- Reminisce

Julia's P.O.V

I sat there for a little bit wondering what was going on before it hit me. My best friend might be dead.

"Julia!" Sandra yelled once she finally saw me sitting underneath the old oak tree at the park. I examine her, she's wearing a tank-top and grey joggers, her usual lazy outfit. But, she's soaking wet from the rain pouring on this March evening.

"Sandra, I need to be alone! Go home!" I yell back, trying get her to leave me alone.

She quickly runs over to me, giving a hand out for me to take."I won't leave without you, remember, always together! Even though John broke up with you, he broke up with me too. Two people in one, like out moms used to say when were young? You hurt, I hurt. Please come back Julia!"

"I don't know Sandra, h-he said so many things to me, I thought they meant something?" I replied stuttering out a reply.

"He's dumb, he's not worth your tears." She says, tears of her own forming, but quickly mixing with the rain around us.

"I just don't know San, I-I loved him!" I choke out in a sob.

She sits down with me, rubbing comforting circles on my back. "I'll stay with you forever if that's what it takes for you to come back to school, okay?"

Tears are rushing down my cheeks as I don't bother putting on shoes or grabbing my phone, I run out to the car. I quickly open the door, getting in. I hit both of my hands on the steering wheel repeatedly, not wanting to know how she's doing just yet, so many situation running through my mind.

I start the car and swiftly drive away, heading to the closest hospital.

12 year-old me walks into the cafeteria at my new school, as I just moved here from my old home. I look around, my eyes squinting to look at the farthest tables in the large area. I see one empty table near the back and decide that's where I'll go, being the 'new girl'.

I walk over there quickly, avoiding contact with anyone around me, trying to be as invisible as possible. I set my tray one the table, and in one swift motion, sit down. I look around once, noticing the chatter coming from everyone, but me.

"Hi!" A cheery voice says from the side of me. Startled, I jump, and look over at the girl. Her long, straight light-brown hair goes all the down the hips, and her slim figure is one anyone would want.

"Uh hello." I reply, a little scared of the sudden attention.

"I'm Sandra Padilla. Pa-Dee-Ya. And you are..?"

"Julia. Julia Hayes." I say, moving my food around with my fork, not hungry.

"Well Julia, you're shy, but I'll change that. Soon, everyone will love you! You'll be famous!"

Once I get there, I jump out of my car, accidentally leaving the door open, and run inside.

I run a hand through my tangled hair, noticing the wetness in it, and the wetness on my feet. It's raining.

I look around, noticing a lot of people, people crying, people screaming, people happy, people worried, and the worst, the people screaming and crying in agony, the one that can only be caused by the loss of someone close.

I quickly run to the front desk, setting both of my hands on the side of it.

"I'm looking for Sandra, Sandra Padilla. P-A-D-I-L-L-A." I let out, sounding more like one giant word rather than a sentence.