Betrayal

Jaune woke up next to Fiona for the third day in a row. He looked at her sleeping form and smiled, once again it seemed like something out of those romantic movies, where the guy would kiss the sleeping girl on the forehead, but he wasn't that cheesy or cliche, sorta. Anyway, he looked to her alarm clock to see it was 7:00 on the dot, he rubbed his eyes and then went to use the bathroom, lifted up the lid and seat, a lesson his mother and sisters beat into his brain. After finishing his business, he grabbed his scroll, put on his armor, and strapped Croceas Mors to his side and went downstairs, once there, the only other person up beside himself was Joanna.

"You're up early than usual," Joanna said

Jaune nodded, "Got something I need to do today, and Unforntenly I can't get you guys involved this time," Jaune told her

"Why's that?" Joanna asked

"It's about them," Jaune said "And as Much as you guys are already Involved, I need to do this alone, because this guy knows if I don't come alone"

"Is it that Watts Douche?" Joanna asked

Jaune nodded, "He found me while On my date with Fiona, told me to meet him this morning alone at the docks, and I have no doubt that this might be a trap, and if it is, I'm letting you know now," Jaune told her

Joanna nodded, "Sure you don't want us tagging along from a distance?" Joanna asked

"No, I'll be fine, But if I don't come back by 9:00 then I've gotten taken, and if that does happen, make sure you guys tell Ruby and the others, I left their contact info on a sheet of paper," Jaune told her 

"Robyn and Fi might be a bit Peeved that you're not telling them this" Joanna said

Jaune grinned a little, "Yeah, and If I do get back, there'll be hell to pay, but I need to make sure I do this"

Joanna looked at him dead in the eyes and nodded, she let him go because she trusted him to have a plan and she trusted him to be safe because he was not like apart of her team, sure she didn't talk to him much, but he had gotten along with everyone else and he trusted them with information that was so secretive he could be put in jail just because the General didn't want the public knowing just yet. With the silent agreement made between the two, Jaune walked out and headed out. Jaune looked out and saw the snowy frontier, and let out a breath of air and walked out into Mantle.

He pulled out his scroll, and pressed on Ruby's contact and texted her that he was going to meet up with Watts but also told her not to come just yet as he was going to try and get information on Salem's plan from Watts and sent it. He just hoped that it all worked out in the end.

He walked along the sidewalk and looked around, He noticed a few shops with jewelry, some shops were clothing stores, and others were pawn shops, some were even liquor stores with free tasting. That had actually brought Jaune back to the first time he had drunk liquor. it was a few months before he ran off to attend Beacon, his Uncle Felix had given him a bottle of Lancer beer, he had taken a sip and it was actually sweet, but still, he could only drink around 10 before he passed out, after that, he had drunk it a couple of times, like after he passed the entrance exam, of course, he hid it from the rest of his teammates. he had also drunk some after they one their team match in the vytal Festival, and the last time he drank it was before they left Mistral and Haven. Jaune smiled at the memory, it was one of the many times he and his Uncle Felix spent time together. Felix was one of the many reasons Jaune wanted to become a Huntsmen, Felix had trained Jaune in regular Military Combat as well as Knife fighting, but beyond that, the rest he had gotten from his team training regime.

He kept walking and the street became less populated and he looked around again, his eyes landed on another figure across the street. it was a short woman about the same height as Weiss, she was waiting to cross the street over to Jaune's side, she had shoulder-length Black hair with green eyes, she wore a black coat over a black vest and white shirt with a bowtie. Jaune looked to see that street pretty much empty he stopped and looked to his feet and then bent down to tie his shoes as the woman crossed the street and was now right next to Jaune. Jaune then quickly grabbed his sword from his sheath and grabbed the girl from behind before quickly pulling her in a nearby Ally while keeping the sword pointed at the girl's neck.