Lamb and the Scorpion

It was late that night, Nora and Ren and went back to their dorm room and said they would rest, though he twinkle in Nora's eye said something else. So, why they did their "resting" Jaune and Oscar were currently playing a game of chess.

Despite not playing much, Oscar had been pretty good at the game, but he was still nowhere near Jaunes level, however, Jaune himself wasn't even as good as his grandmother, Betty Miles Arc. No one in the family could beat Betty, and the only ones close to beating her were Jazz, Lily, Jessie, and Jaune, though Lily was the closest due to her being the smartest of the Arc Children.

Betty used to play chess all the time and she even told a story about how she once played a game of chess with the great Lyanna Raider, a female general of the Vacovian army who actually helped win the Faunas rights war.

Betty Arc or sometimes known as "Black Betty" was a retired huntsman and general who had fought in the Faunas rights war. She was one of the smartest Arc in the family, her mind was unmatched and she swore she would pass down such power to her children and grandchildren, however, when asked how she got her nickname, Betty would smile and tell them it would be another time.

It was almost the end of the game and both Oscar and Jaune had a few pieces left. Jaune moved his pawn to a certain spot, which confused Oscar

"A pawn?" Oscar asked

"yes, a pawn" he replied

"why would you move that instead of your other pieces?"

Jaune smirked "A lot of people forget that pawns are important, they are the only pieces that can get your other pieces back and some also forget that even a pawn can bring down kingdoms"

Oscar saw that the pawn was to the side of the king, so he then moved his King to kill the pawn.

"Poor pawn," Oscar said with a smile

"I think you mean poor king," Jaune replied

Jaune had moved his Queen in front of the King.

"Queen takes King" Jaune said "checkmate"

Oscar smiled, "you win," He said "another round?"

Jaune nodded, and they set up the pieces again, ready to play another round. As the round began, Oscar decided to start a small chat

Oscar moved his first pawn one space, "So... hows it going with that Fiona girl?" Oscar asked

Jaune moved his first pawn only one space as well, "Well, we went on another date Sunday, and It was great" Jaune said "It's actually pretty fun just being around her"

Oscar moved one of his pawns two spaces "Sound awesome" Oscar said

Jaune then moved the same pawn up one more time, "So, what about you?" Jaune asked with a smirk "any special lady in mind?"

Oscar blushed and then moved his knight "No... not really" Oscar replied

Jaune raised an eyebrow while still having smirking, "really? Then what about those stares at Ruby huh?" Jaune asked while moving another pawn two spaces.

Oscar went wide-eyed while his blush intensified, "I-It's not like that" Oscar replied, as he moved another pawn up two spaces.

"Sure it isn't," Jaune said as he moved the rook on his left side one space behind his pawn.

"beside... even if it was like that, I-I just don't think it'll work out" Oscar replied moving his knight again

"Why do you think that?" Jaune asked, moving his bishop four spaces.