Chapter Seven: Target Practice

Song of the chapter: (This is Gospel) by Panic! At the Disco

Also I included a picture of what the classrooms look like.

And Damn, you guys are awesome! With in a hour or postig I got about 30 reads. Thanks guys!

The class room dropped about 20 degrees once we entered. I was dragged through the thongs of students into a wooden chair in the front row of the massive classroom. All the voices of discussion ricochet off the walls, leaving me snippets of random conversations.

"..smells good.."

"...Hate her..."

"...doesn't belong..."

It didn't take a genius to figure out they were talking about me. Especially because every time I looked at someone they were staring at me.

"Stay here, and don't provoke anyone." Blake commanded.

"No promises." I replied lazily

"You're provoking me, that's not a very smart idea." He hissed

I rolled my eyes and started to dig through the inside of my bag. The strap was worn and the bag itself was a pale brown color that reminded me or dirt. But I still had a starge attachment to it. It's probably because Jezabell was one of the only people here to treat me kindly so far.

"CLASS. SHUT UP AND SIT DOWN!" A voice yelled

Obediently, everyone was seated and silent. The man that had entered the room was sloppily dressed with several stains on his white shirt. I had seen it many times in my life, this man was a raging alcholic. His whitish blue eyes then fixed on me, staring me down like I had insulted his mother or something.

"Yes?" I asked

"What is your name?" He asked

"Alex Daemon." I replied

He shook his head and started to write something on the chalk board in the front of the class room. It was in the same strange language that I have been seeing everywhere. He continued scribbling until he had filled up the entire 20 foot board in symbols.

"Today we will continue learning about Human literature. Shakespeare was one of the most famous authors that was studied up there. Can any one tell me what one of these quotes say, and mean?" The teacher asked

Silence rung throught the class, and I continued to stare at the mesmerizing symbols. Once again they shifted in my mind, making what looked like alphabet soup. I sat there mesmerized by the swirling text, before a voice brought me back to reality.

"Miss. Daemon. Can you please pay attention?" The teacher command

He was suddenly in front of me, staring me down once more.

"I'm sorry...what did you say?" I asked dumbly

"I asked you to volunteer." He said rather angrily

"Mr. Jackos. I'm pretty sure the human girl doesn't even know about Lacuna, let alone know how to read it!" A voice exclaimed from the back

Snickers erupted from around me, like not knowing the language was a type of insult. I turned and was met with the triumphant face of none other than the She-devil herself, Cleoh. She looked satisfied with her work, until I smirked back at her.

"I would be happy to translate, Mr. Jackos." I said with a wobbly voice

He looked surprised, like he didn't expect me to even try. I got up from my seat and made my way slowly to the board. I concentrated on the jumbled letters, hoping that something, anything would surface. 

"I told you she coul-" I cut off Cleoh with a commanding voice, I didn't know I could muster

"Ignorance is the curse of God; knowledge is the wing wherewith we fly to heaven." 

There it sat, the quote that probably just painted a huge target on my back. Not only did I just undermine queenie, I also turned a smiled at her and without thinking said;

"So, that dosen't explain how you got your wings now did it?" I smirked

Cleoh jumped from her chair and lunged at me. He perfectly polished nails wrapped around my throat, trying to strangle me. I glanced and saw no one tried to help me, not even Mr Jackos who watch like it was a great movie.

A sudden burst of anger and adrenaline help me pry her fingers off. I curled my fist and I landed a good punch right in the side of her jaw. A large audible crack echoed in through the room as the hig and mighty queen fell at my feet.

"Bravo! Now sit down you two, before I call down Evens." Jackos said 

Cleoh stared at me, shocked. She stumbled back to her chair and watched me the whole time with a expression full of anger and confusion. She held her jaw, which seems to be glowing slightly under hand. It moved from it's unhinged position and back into place.

I couldn't move, my fist was still clenched and I was shaking. All the memories flashed back in front of me at one moment, taunting me. The seemed to say "There she is. There's the FREAK."

"Miss. Daemon? I thought I said to go back to...your..seat" The teacher asked quietly

I was frozen, caught red handed. I was not the innocent girl I was when my mom was alive. I am not who she wanted me to be. I was not who I wanted to be.

I was not her.

"Miss. Daemon?" He asked again, shaking my shoulder slightly

"Mr. Jackos...Can you catch me?" I asked in a monotone voice

"Wha-?"

Then I blacked out

Sorry for such a short chapter! I have a bit of writers block so I thoight it would be good to stop here for now. New chapter should be up relativly soon. Thanks for reading!