Ch. 10

Just south of Charming she noticed the Harley following them. There wasn't any traffic at this time of night so she checked the GPS and it showed a side road up ahead. She turned down the road and it was a wide dirt road. She hit the gas speeding away from the pursuer. She came to a large junction lined with trees so turned her lights off and reversed into one of the sheltered turn offs.

It wasn't long until they heard the rumble of a motorbike. The rider stopped in the middle of the crossroad wondering which to take. As soon as the bike stopped, Isabella hit her full beam lights and launched out of the hiding spot. She drifted around the bike and it's rider, kicking up dust as Nestor laughed at the stunt she was pulling. "I think that's enough Izzy, I've never been car sick and don't wanna start now. So, is this how they drive in Japan?" Smart ass.

With the dust still flying around blurring everyone's vision, Isabella stopped the car and blacked the lights before slipping out into the dark. She pulled her hoodie up over her head and snuck up behind the man still seated on his bike. She brought her arm around his neck and pressed the blade to his jugular. The rider froze as the cold metal dug into his throat. Both people were shocked when she moved around to face the biker, knife still held to his throat.

"Fucking hell Happy, why did you follow me?" She lowered her arm, sliding the knife back under her sleeve into its sheath. Stepping away from him as he removed his helmet, she moved closer to Nestor who was leaning against the hood of the car. She came to rest in front her lover and leant back against his chest. He placed his hands on her hips and kissed her neck, showing his support for her.

"What the hell happened to you kid?" She snorted when he called her kid, she was always kid or lil B to him when she was young. "Well, between mom OD'ing and having to raise your son, someone had to be a grown up. Not a lot of job opportunities for a 15 year old with a 7 year old kid brother, you know. At least your self defence classes went to good use." Happy winced at the reminder of the family he left behind and the son who had been killed by his brothers actions.

"Did he know?" She could hear the pain in his voice as the man stood awkwardly by his bike. It had been almost 25 years since she saw him last, aside from more tattoos, he still looked the same. "No, I never told him anything about you. He didn't need the disappointment. He didn't even know you were a biker, he only got into riding because of me. Those rides you took me on were about the only good memories I have of you." He nodded sadly and he kicked at the rocks with his boots.

"Did you kill Tig?" Nestor could see similarities in their characters, both were blunt and honest and could be ruthless in an instant. "Yes, and Chibs is next. Don't get in my way Happy." He took a step forward at her threat to his president. Just as he was about to take another step closer, a shuriken star pierced the tip of his boot and into the road beneath it, sticking his boot to the ground. He went to move his other foot and another star pinned it to the ground. He growled at the woman smirking at him, if he hadn't spent 5 years raising her from a toddler to a young girl he would have shot her by now. "I mean it Hap, I don't want to kill you too, you're the closest thing I ever had to a father. But I will kill you if I have to. Aside from Nestor, Juan is the only other person I have ever loved. I live, I die, I kill for my family. Remember asshole!"

The words tattooed across his collar burned at her words. He could see the truth in her eyes but the club was his family now and his loyalty was to his president. The decision was made and he drew his gun shooting the girl in chest. Her eyes turned dark and she pushed herself off her mans chest and stomped towards the bastard who still had his gun raised. "You are fucked now, cabrón." Happy heard the man speak for the first time, he had a Mexican accent and looked familiar but being only hours from the border there's a lot of them around.