Chapter 4

A/N: that moment when you feel like shit but you're determined to write the next chapter, even if you want to fuckin implode

Logan's POV

"I-It was--" Anxiety started to say something, only to begin having a violent coughing fit. His eyes portrayed a deep look of fear as he continued to cough in a painful manner. I waited for his coughing to subside, feeling concern deep in my gut.

After he had quieted down, I discarded my book on my nightstand and asked worriedly, "Are you quite alright?"

He paused to clear his throat and replied with a weakened voice, "Y-yeah.. I just c-can't say what h-happened.."

I was slightly disappointed knowing that I was deemed untrustworthy by him. "Anxiety, I know that you might not trust me, but you can confide in me if necessary." I had been looking down at my fingers laced together in my lap, and looked up only to be confused at his saddened expression.

Did I sadden him, somehow? Lovely. No wonder Roman always tells me how clueless I am with emotions and social interactions. I can not even talk to another Side properly. This is precisely why I shouldn't show my emotions so freely. I am Logic, not Empathy.

Just then Anxiety reached out at me with a shaking arm, placing his hand on mine. I looked up in surprise to see him smiling softly at me, which somehow made my hearty skip a beat. (A/N: Logan, sweetie, you're GÆ. Y'know, ¿ʇ,uʇɥɓıɐɹʇS, the big heteron't?)

"Th-thanks.. y'know, f-for helping me.."

My eyes widened in surprise, not expecting such sincere words of appreciation, especially from Anxiety. I recovered from my state of shock and freed one of my hands to adjust my glasses, a nervous habit I've seemed to develop as of late. "As I said before, Anxiety, there was no way I would have just passed by without assisting. I'm certain you didn't want to go to the subconscious, after all."

He retracted his arm and nodded in agreement, only to wince at his sudden movement. I was suddenly reminded of his broken ankle and my idea to call in Patton. Before I called him, though, I should mention to him that I need to summon Patton to heal his ankle.

"Anxiety, because your injuries are so serious, I made sure to "patch you up" to the best of my ability. However, because your ankle is quite literally broken, I wish to call in Patton so that he can heal it for you as much as he can. I will respect your wishes if you do not wish for me to call him, but I highly recommend that you allow me to do so."

He seemed to think for a good while, looking as if he was only considering it. I was sure he was going to decline before he replied, "S-sure..."

A/N: sorry it's short, it's almost 2am and i don't want to make my parents angry if i sleep through even one of my Zoom classes again, so i need to try and sleep