Chapter 5

A/N: i forgot to update Saturday 👁👄👁 i am very smart, as you can probably tell

TW: brief description of injury at the beginning, abuse, claustrophobia, panic attack

Third Person POV

Virgil lay still in the bed as Logan summoned Patton into his room, the father figure rising up with a coffee mug in his hands. After recovering from his surprise of being summoned suddenly, he turned to see Logan infront of--

"Anxiety! Kiddo, what happened to you? Did someone hurt you? Who would do such a thing?" He rambled, running up to the bed with concern covering his face.

Virgil remained silent as Patton worriedly looked over all of his injuries. "Lo, do you know what happened to him?"

"I am unsure of how he obtained all of these injuries, I only happened to find Anxiety unconscious on the ground. However, an injury of his is precisely why I have summoned you here." Logan motioned to Virgil's ankle, which was very swollen and a nasty shade of purple.

"Oh gosh!" Patton exclaimed, moving over to the foot of the bed. "I'll fix this right up for you, kiddo, don't worry."

Patton held out his hand over Virgil's injured ankle, a faint blue light glowing from his palm. Focusing all of his energy, Patton quickly healed the broken ankle, leaving only a scar where a bone had been slightly protruded.

"There ya go, nice and new!" Patton said, only a little out of breath from slight overexertion.

"Thank you for your assistance, Patton," Logan said with a nod.

"No problem, Lo! But Anxiety, kiddo can you please tell us what happened to you? I'm really worried and I'm sure Logan is too even if he denies his emotions."

Virgil remained still, only looking up at the ceiling and not wanting to make eye contact with the other two sides. He really did want to tell them - tell anyone for that matter - but... he couldn't. He wasn't allowed. He had already slipped up earlier when he tried telling Logan. Janus stopped him from speaking so he must already know. It was only a matter of time before--

Just as Virgil was lost in thought, he was interrupted by a strong sensation of being summoned. His eyes widened with fear and he only managed to get out one word before sinking out.

"Help--"

Virgil/Anxiety's POV

"--me!"

"Virgil, who do you think you are to go against my instructions to you?" said a voice from directly behind me. I quickly whipped around and scooted as far away as I could, wincing in pain from my movements. No other than Janus stood no more than 6 feet infront of me, a dangerous frown on his face.

(A/N: if you're wondering why Virgil doesn't just sink out, in this AU a side can "lock" their room and essentially block anyone from going in or out. Only the side that owns the room can freely exit or enter when they lock their room)

"I-I'm sorry J--" I attempted to frightfully apologize, cut off by Janus waving his left hand and shutting my mouth.

He took only 4 long strides before stopping directly infront of the corner that I had huddled myself in. "I'm certain I was pretty clear when I told you to never tell anyone about what happens on the Dark side, Virgil. And I'm sure you're already aware that I caught your little slip up earlier."

A tear ran down my face as all I could do was sit in silent terror, unable to speak because of Janus' ability. I shook uncontrollably, all too aware of what I had coming.

I'm such an idiot. I deserve this, I should've just listened to him..

"Now what should I do with you this time? Perhaps you'd like to be put in the room again?"

My heart beat rapidly in my chest at the mention of being locked in there again. I shook my head frantically, desperate not to be sent in there again. I'd rather a beating than be in there for hours on end.

"My, my, Virgil. With that reaction you'd think you didn't like being in there. Would you rather I do this?" Janus summoned his cane, cracking it immediately across my face and causing me to let out a silent scream of pain. More tears ran down my face as I held a hand to my throbbing cheek.

"Well that's too bad, now isn't it? At least for you." Janus snapped his fingers and with the blink of an eye I had been moved to that place.

In this room, which Janus made and therefore owns, the walls gradually get closer and closer to you until they're pressed against you, and then they just stop. The longest I was left in there was for a full day.

I noticed that Janus stopped cutting off my voice and I fearfully called out into the darkness of the room, "H-hello?" My voice echoed, the silence only adding to the eeriness.

My breath became labored as I sat hugging my knees to my chest. I sobbed helplessly as the walls started to close in on me, getting closer and closer.

I can't move I can't move I can't move I can't move

I dared to look up only for a second and saw the walls speeding towards me. I screamed out for help from someone. Anyone who might hear my pitiful crying.

"Help me! Please! I-I'm sorry Janus, I won't do i-it again, just please get me out!"

After a few minutes I felt the walls brushing against my arms and my screams and cries only became more desperate. As my voice grew hoarse, I just gave up. No one was coming. No one would hear me.

No one ever hears me.