Chapter 28: Before (14)

Author's Note:

This chapter has been re-worked on December 22nd 2020 to re-write it from Addison's perspective because the pattern had been broken- more updates to come soon I hope!

Enjoy!

bobbiejelly

Lost & Found

Meredith Grey isn't the only one who lost her panties the night of the hospital prom. This is the story of when Derek Shepherd finds Addison Montgomery's panties in Meredith's prom dress.

Chapter 28: Before (14)

ADDISON

This first night with Meredith staying over with me at Cristina and hers' secret apartment is lovely... And it's taking us a while to figure out our preferred sleeping arrangements.

It's nice though; the process is still nice.

At first, she had me cuddled into my chest, but then I would whimper and squirm for more contact, so we rolled over and around until we both got comfortable.

Usually, I like to be the 'little spoon,' when I'm with someone. Even when I was with Derek I was, though he'd never admit that to anyone, ever (probably), and especially not to his... ex-mistress... who I'm currently about to go to sleep next to after sleeping with, but I'm just going to focus on the task at hand at the moment...

We tried also cuddling with my head tucked into the crook of Meredith's neck, but then she started wiggling again, and as much as I found it hard to admit it, I was worried about crushing her to have her full weight on me because I'm taller.

So then we found ourselves switching around, with me softly suggesting I tuck her into my chest and wrap my arms around her.

"So... You mean having me as your little spoon?" Meredith asks a bit nervously.

I bite my lip before nodding, "If you're not comfortable with it, I get that... I know you need time to trust people and you're used to being the one who's behind the other person, but I'm taller and I love having you hold me, but I don't want to crush you in my sleep if I roll over onto you..." I articulate.

"Yeah..." Meredith agrees.

I look right into her eyes, and I see that she's wanting so badly to make me feel welcome, and it works so well because I truly do.

"Meredith," I lean in for a moment. "Addie," she kisses me lightly to let me know I'm okay.

I sigh in relief, and when we both open our eyes again we're less stressed than before.

"I want to try being your little spoon," Meredith smiles.

"Really?" I ask.

"Really," she nods.

And her smile is enough to light up the entire room.

So I nod back, and I tucks herself into the bed sideways and gets herself comfortable on the pillow before I motions for Meredith to crawl into space by my chest.

Then, she nods, and I approach her, careful not to step on her hair as she crawls in beside me, and tuck the blankets up to our chins.

"Are you comfortable?" I ask her.

"Very," she says.

"Thank you, I am- I am too," I say, and I realize as I say it that I am.

And of course, I'm so glad that Meredith is.

Normally, she mentions, she doesn't feel okay letting her guard down and having someone hold her, but it breaks my heart in all of the good ways when she says that I'm different; she makes me feel safe, and I make her feel safe. I love feeling her safely tucked into my arms.

"If you ever want to change this up we can, it's okay if you wake me," I offer.

"Likewise," Meredith smiled, reaching to move her hand into mine, and nuzzling into my arm to sleep.

"Mm," I sigh contentedly, as I rest my chin on my head and I close my eyes.

"Mm, goodnight Addie," she says as I start to drift off.

"G'night Mer," I return, half asleep already.

Meredith goes to sleep right away, and I stay awake just a little longer to feel her heartbeat against my own, as we snuggle together, and start to feel one with each other, as well as even more in tune with ourselves.

****** END OF CHAPTER 28

Author's Note:

Thanks for reading this semi-update, and let me know what you enjoyed about it!

Any predictions for future chapters? Any favorite parts of this story so far? How do you like the format?

:D

bobbiejelly