Chapter 10: Before (5)

Author's Note:

To readers who comment with emojis: I adore them. And also anyone who comments always!

bobbiejelly

Lost & Found

Meredith Grey isn't the only one who lost her panties the night of the hospital prom. This is the story of when Derek Shepherd finds Addison Montgomery's panties in Meredith's prom dress.

Chapter 10: Before (5)

ADDISON

It takes us only 15 minutes to arrive at Cristina Yang's apartment.

"Don't tell anybody about this place, it's not supposed to exist anymore," says Meredith.

"That doesn't make sense?" I say to Meredith.

"Oh. Right. So Cristina promised Burke she'd moved in with him but she kept her old apartment in case they broke up badly. No matter what she says to him she still has this place as her own even though she usually sleeps in bed with him at his place," says Meredith.

"Oh," I finally got it.

"Yeah, so I live here sometimes when I'm hiding," says Meredith.

"Who would you be hiding from?" Asks Addison.

"My mother, Ellis Grey. My father, Thatcher Grey. My new step-mother Susan Grey. My not-father-somehow-Richard Webber. My boss Miranda Bailey. My boss's boss, Preston Burke. All my other intern friends when they're being annoying. All of my friend's friends or girlfriends or boyfriends or partners or whatever's. Everyone, really, except Doc. I miss Doc. I never hid from Doc... But mostly I hid here from your husband/my boyfriend, Derek," says Meredith.

"Did you ever try to hide from me," I ask her before I can stop myself.

"No. You've never been to my house before. You're like, the only person who never has," says Meredith.

"Oh. Would you have? If I had been to your house?" I end up asking.

"I'm surprised this is your question and you don't have more questions about the fact that Derek's your husband and my boyfriend at the same time... Again... Sorry...!" Says Meredith.

"It's just, that's just, it's old news now," I say because it feels like it is.

"Right," Meredith sighs. "I'm still very sorry," Meredith says to me.

"He was looking at you. He was giving you his McEyes and I guess he plays a good game when he wants somebody because he's never given me eyes like that in my life but he had them for you and I guess it made you want him then?" I try to rationalize it to-for-about(?)- her.

"Yeah. And I would normally call them puppy-dog-eyes but our puppy-dog-Doc died today and I miss him more than anything and God, was it sad when he went I mean you didn't see him die, but gosh, it was such a sin," says Meredith and you see her tremble and you start trembling and you both end up crying together.

"I- I couldn't bear to watch it, Meredith. I said I had to go and I pretended to have a patient or something but I could have rescheduled. I just couldn't stay. I wasn't strong enough," I finally reveal to her.

"Well, I guess if you weren't ready to be there or didn't want to that's okay, I think Doc appreciated you being there for when you were," says Meredith about our McDog.

"I guess that's why McVet was being so nice to me tonight," I realized aloud.

"Maybe, but Finn's just a nice guy anyway. He's like, too nice. So damn nice!" Says Meredith.