Chapter 3

Gauri looked at her notebook and grinned satisfied with her work.

After talking with Rudra last night she decided to seriously give a push to herself to pick up the broken pieces of her heart, join them together and learn to love again. She made a list of things 'to do' in order to get on with life. She read the list again in her mind.

1) Accept situations and people as they are.

2) Do not become football to other's opinions.

3) Enroll herself in the short term course on content writing in Xavier's institute of communications, Mumbai.

4) Make a name for herself in the writing world.

5) Find the right person and love him in such a way that come what may he will never think of leaving her.

"Wow... what is the reason behind that beautiful smile my darling" asked Jhanvi who entered Gauri's room.

"Maami come sit... I hardly talked to you since the day I came" said Gauri smiling.

"Kya baat hai... in good spirits today?" Jhanvi said reaching her side and gently caressing her cheek.

"Nothing like that maami. I just decided to move on with life" she said and Jhanvi hugged her happily.

"Really? Did you decide to marry Gauri? Awww.....Pinky would be so happy... Let me call her to inform the good news" she said and took out her phone when Gauri snatched it away with a glare.

"Great!!! If it were in your hands, you people would get me married today...right?" Gauri asked sarcastically making Jhanvi chuckle.

"Well, we can only try" she countered and Gauri pouted at her.

"Maami, not you too... I already have a tough time handling mom at home... Don't give her ideas please"

"Are mera bacha... Okay... I am in team Gauri... you will marry when you are ready... satisfied?" she asked cajoling her "It feels so good to see you happy Gauri... never let someone else decide your happiness... It is always in your hands... understand?" she completed and Gauri grinned nodding her head.

"By the way what are you writing recently... did your hero finally propose his girl? It is about time he should Gauri. Make the confession heartwarming... I know you are the slow burn romance type...but I have been waiting forever for that proposal... You can add a kiss or two this time" she said winking and Gauri laughed out loud.

Her maami has been her number one critic till date. As much as her maami loved her, she was brutally honest, never hesitating to put forth her opinions and make her bend her rules here and there to her satisfaction. Her daadu always said that she probably got the habit of profusely reading books from her maami. 'Maami is going to be my editor' she decided long back.

Unlike many, Gauri was fortunate in having a loving family. Being the only girl child in the family which was otherwise dominated by beards and moustaches, she was the most pampered child of her daadi making her the boss baby.

Her grandparents Prithviraaj Trivedi and Kalyani Trivedi lived in Bareilly in their ancestral home along with their son and daughter in law. Her father Shakti Trivedi was their only son, looking after the family business in Uttar Pradesh while Tej Agarwal, husband of her father's sister Jhanvi takes care of their ventures in Mumbai. Though her mother Pinky Trivedi is the sister in law of her maami, they were best friends since their young age.

Rudra and Gauri have been chuddy buddies always bickering and irritating the hell out of each other. But when any third person dares to harm one of them, they unite hell and earth to protect the other.