Chapter 8

She wished him happy birthday... but it felt like she said I love you...

He opened his eyes to look at her staring at him with love pouring through her eyes and it sure reached his heart.

I love you too he wanted to reply but he couldn't... He felt emotions clog his throat in a vice like grip chocking him, strangling him and he struggled to breath.

"Om...are you okay" Gauri asked him worriedly looking at him going pale, his body stiff, losing its warmth.

"It is fine Om... you don't need to reply" she said immediately hugging him and he relaxed into the hug.

They stayed like that for a few sweet moments and Omkara greedily soaked in all the love that he could while he had the chance. He gently moved her hair to one side kissing her neck when she softly gasped.

"Thank you Gauri" he said his voice croaked as he held back his tears. He was afraid of her love... afraid that he would hurt her...afraid that she would leave him and he would be left broken beyond repair.

They broke apart when Omkara's phone rang flashing his father's name.

"Hello dad... thank you... no...I am fine... yeah I will call you in the morning...miss you too" he said before he pressed the end symbol.

"Uhh... let us get back?" asked Gauri and he nodded a yes. He relived their moments together, gently holding her hand on their way back.

Unsurprisingly Rudra and others were ready with a small cake that they managed to buy at the stall earlier and hid from him. Omkara felt elated... he had birthdays before and friends surprising him but today Gauri made it special with her gift... it wasn't just her book... it was her love and trust in him...that he would support her come what may and he pledged to keep her trust in him, to the best of his abilities.

***************************************************************************************

The Omkareshwara temple is a popular ancient shrine that is dedicated to lord Shiva situated near to Abbey falls. The temple built in eighteen hundreds, had a mix of Gothic and Islamic style of architecture attracting a number of visitors.

A dome shaped structure was in the middle, with four small Moorish type turrets in all sides. Surrounding the temple is a water tank inhabited by various kinds of fish. In the center of the water tank is a mandapa which is connected through a walk-away.

Gauri closed her eyes before her favorite deity "Shankarji... thank you for always being kind to me... I know Om is the one for me... please keep him happy and make sure that he stays happy with me forever"

"What are you bargaining with your favorite" asked Rudra standing beside her and Gauri opened her eyes frowning.

"It is between me and my Shankarji" she said looking at Omkara who kneeled down to touch the idol in worship.

Rudra followed her path of vision and smiled "Hmm... good... seems like you will get what you want soon" he whispered, making her blush.

*******************************************************************************************

After lunch, "What do you want to do next? Want to trek or have a peaceful outing" asked Omkara to the rest of the gang and they collectively agreed for an outing spot which made them choose Harangi dam.

As they settled down for a leisurely game taking a walk around the place, Rudra said "I have only one bottle Bhavya there is no way I can cheat here"

"You are an expert in spinning the bottle to the person of your choice...you will cheat... I am not going to play the game" said Bhavya backing off.