Chapter 11

"I can't believe you came to Bareilly... Priyanka will be so happy to see you Omkara" said Shivaay smiling and hugging his friend.

Omkara returned the smile and both of them started their journey from airport to the Trivedi Mansion... Shivaay reached the place one day ago but when Omkara called him to inform him that he would be coming to attend Priyanka's engagement, Shivaay came to the airport to pick him up himself. The fact that the ride was three hours long and driving alone would be boring made Omkara gratefully thank his friend for his effort.

"You will enjoy your stay here..." started Shivaay half an hour inyo the ride. "Gauri's family is very friendly... Pinky maa is love and Daadi has an unbelievable swag... she thinks more forward than the current generation Omkara... She is cool like a cucumber but she rules the house...Shakti papa is Gauri's crime partner while Daadu is strict but I know he is a softie on the inside" said Shivaay summarizing his in laws' nature and Omkara nodded taking in the information.

He knew most of the facts since Gauri used to talk non stop about her family whenever something reminded her of them. He used to listen to her with a smile seeing her excitement and love when she talked about them... Not one word was erased from his memory... every moment she had been with him and every syllable she spoke was etched to his memory in indelible ink.

How he wished she talked to him the same way now... he knew it was close to impossible... She has offered her heart in a platter and he mercilessly threw it away drowning in his past and fearing the future.

"How is your mother's health?" asked Omkara "the last I heard she recovered from a heart stroke...right?"

"Yeah... she is okay now. I tell her to stop working and she argues that work keeps her mind active and in turn boosts her health. If you see my mother work, you would say I am the lesser workaholic amongst us" he said with a shake of head making Omkara smile.

"I didn't get the chance to meet her. Will she be there at the village house?"

"She came with us, but work centred that she is, she took the next fight to Mumbai hearing my manager blabber about some emergency. She would be back in a day or two... you can meet her then" Shivaay answered and Omkara nodded a yes.

The discussion then flew to each other's professional successes and failures and in no time, they reached the Mansion. After getting out the car, they were warmly welcomed inside by Shakti Trivedi.

**********************************************************************************

Omkara looked at the huge building amazed... She, is definitely a princess... how down to earth she had been even though she was a heiress to an empire.

Maybe he really did not deserve her ... he thought and shushed it thinking of his father with a stick lecturing him on self-confidence.

Entering the living room, Omkara was asked to take a seat and he sat down on the couch when Priyanka rushed to greet him.

He hugged her smiling "Congratulations Prinku... the bride to be" he winked teasingly and she blushed.

"Thank you bhaiyya" she said.

Shakti asked one of the servants "Inform Pinky that daamadji has come" and Omkara's smile dimmed.

Right..... he was in his friend's fiance's house... he reminded himself.

After a while Pinky came smiling at them " Are Shivaay... you brought your friend with you" she said and Shivaay hugged her before introducing Omkara.

Omkara touched her feet just as he greeted Shakti before and she hugged him close "I heard a lot about you... glad that I could finally see you" she said and he smiled.