Chapter eleven

The afternoon goes by quickly, between the review of the match against Fiorentina and a training.

Chris is surprised to see that Brozo isn't paying much attention to him, he's just playing for the team; the croatian even compliments Eriksen when the dane crosses a ball right on Lukaku's head, giving the stricker the perfect occasion to score.

At the end of the training, Eriksen goes to talk to D'Ambrosio. He knows that Brozo's sudden change of behaviour could be because of something the defender said to him. He doesn't know how to feel about that. He is of course grateful and happy because his friend stood up for him; he's also upset because said friend didn't tell him anything before and might or might not have made the whole situation worse (even if today Brozo was almost nice to him).

"Hey D'Ambro, could i talk to you for a second?"
The defender looks at Chris a bit surprised by his request
"Yeah sure. What's up? Something wrong? Did Brozo do something?"
The dane finds all the answers he needed in his friend's questions. He is now sure that D'Ambrosio spoke to Brozo, but he is equally sure that he doesn't really mind
"No no it's all good. Thanks to you, i think. You spoke to him didn't you?"
D'Ambrosio just answers
"Yes i did...this morning. I remember how much we worked with him when he did the same to Perisic, i just didn't think you confronting him would be a good idea..."
He says, keeping his head low, ready to apologize if Chris was to tell him that he had crossed a line.

To his surprise, the blonde hugs him, thanking him again and adding with a smile
"Wouldn't have minded to know what you were doing. But i'm glad you did it"
D'Ambrosio can't help but laugh at that and hug Chris back.

They break apart when Handanovic, Barella,Bastoni,De Vrij and Skriniar join them.
They start laughing and chatting about some episodes that happened during training, one of which was Bastoni trying to block some shots in Handa's place,and Eriksen feels grateful.
When he first came here, he prepared himself to months of embarassment and loneliness. Now he kind of has a new best friend and a lot of new friends.
So he raises his voice above the loud chatting and says
"Guys, how about dinner at mine and a movie? I wanted to thank you for all that you've done for me, and my house could really use an house warming party"
All the players look at Chris smiling, loving how confident the dane now talks with them. They all say it's a great idea, with Bastoni adding
"I expect some danish cookies. I know D'Ambrosio tried some and hasn't stopped talking about them since"
And Barella agrees with him instantly.
Those two are embarassing when it comes to food.

A few hours later, Chris opens his door dressed in sweatpants and a grey sweatshirt; its sleeves are too long and they cover half of the dane's hands...and if everybody thought that that was really cute, nobody said anything.

After a quick and pleasant dinner (a big plate of pasta and some italian pastries brought by the guests) the players all sit on the sofas, trying to choose a film to watch.
While they discuss, Chris fetches a few throw-on blankets and passes them to his friends,going in the kitchen to retrive some danish cookies (to Bastoni's and Barella's delight) as a snack
Barella asks
"Hey Chris, what's your favourite film?"
Chris answers shyly
"Uhm Top Gun"
With a quick look to the others, Barella states
"Then it's settled. We're watching Top Gun"
Sounds of agreement are heard, and Chris is immediately shushed once he tries to say that they don't have to watch his favourite film if they don't want to.
No one minds, it's a great film and everybody likes it, in fact Skriniar and De Vrij have never seen it, and this is their chance.

Chris has his head on D'Ambrosio's lap, with the defender gently stroking his hair.
The group is used to see the two boys "cuddle".

Everybody knows that Chris finds it comforting, so whenever he needs it, they try to help him.
Nobody minds, in fact they all find it relaxing too.

When the film ends, after a quick hug to the dane, everybody goes home sleepy and content about the night they spent.

The blonde cleans up and gets ready for bed, for once really excited about the next day of training.
He has been so busy today that he hasn't really used his phone, so he decides that the next morning he will check out what people have to say about Inter's match against Fiorentina.