Chapter five

As soon as Chris closes the door,Brozo starts talking
"Finally, i couldn't stand anymore of that chit chatting."
The blonde decides not to answer, and concentrates on getting ready for bed
But the croatian continues
"Well, not that i'll have to worry about it for long..."

That catches Chris' attention
"What do you mean?"
To which Brozo says
"Oh...you poor thing. You think they are your friends? Just because they stay with you and talk to you?
Really? That's just pity.
They'll forget about you and you'll be alone, just like when you first came here."

The dane is frozen on the spot,but he quickly recovers
"That's not true. They're good guys, i know they'd never pretend to be my friends."
"We'll see..."

Chris lays down and turns off the light, not bothering to say good night to his roommate.
Brozo is fast asleep, but the blonde finds himself having some troules.
He thought he was alright, but his brain keeps playing what Brozo said, over and over again.

He starts thinking about why they would be his friends, and he comes to the conclusion that up to now he never really did anything, they were just kind of defending him.
Pity? Maybe, he doesn't know.
He starts thinking about how it would be to survive in a new environment alone, his family far away and his friends from his previous team kind of angry with him because he left.
And what about tomorrow? It's gonna be the day of his first match. Inter against Fiorentina, for the Italy cup.
Everybody is expecting so much from him: goals, assists and skill; deep down he knows that he's not ready, he needs time.
But the media doesn't know that, the media is just going to target him as a "flop" , a player Inter shouldn't have bought.
These thoughts just keep getting more intense...

He feels his chest getting tighter and he starts shaking. He has always been anxious, and these attacks are nothing new to him.
The only problem is that whenever he had one of these, he would go to someone. He just needs to talk it out, and some physical contact is what he's craving the most.
So he does one of the most irrational things he can do.

Although his current anxious state is caused by the fear of being left alone by the only people here he considers his friends (how is he going to survive his frist game without some friends?), he gets up and goes to the room 30, searching for comfort.

He doesn't even know with what courage he gently knocks on the door, but he does and stands in the dark hallway, waiting.

D'Ambrosio is awakened by someone knocking, so he slowly gets up to open the door.
Skriniar is an heavy sleeper, he doesn't even notice.

Of all things, he didn't expect this.
Chris is standing on the doorstep, shaking visibly, looking like he's about to cry and with a very shallow breathing.

The blonde does the only thing that his brain in override can think of.
He starts blabbering out everything that he's thinking.
"Brozo said some things and i thought i didn't care but then i thought about it and i couldn't stop because maybe they were true or maybe they weren't and then i just started overthinking, the match tomorrow, i'll fail because i'm not ready and the media and the fans-"
Chris' rant is stopped by D'Ambrosio, who pulls him into a tight hug and starts to gently stroke his hair.
The blond clings to him, finding comfort in his friend's hug.

When he's calmed down a bit, D'Ambrosio guides him to sit on his bed and asks about what happened
"Chris, i know you're not fine, you have to tell me everything that happened"

The dane does exactly that, telling D'Ambrosio every comment and every insult Brozo has ever said to him.
He even talks about what those comments caused, his anxiety and his fears.

D'Ambrosio just listens carefully, placing a comforting hand on the blonde's back from time to time.

When Chris' finished, the italian can't believe what he just heard.
He knew that Brozo wasn't treating Chris well, but some things were just out of line. And Chris anxiety didn't really help.

"I'm so sorry you had to go through this Chris, really. You don't deserve it. But you didn't tell me, what did that jerk say to you before you came here?"

The dane takes deep breath and starts telling everything, still remembering every single word.
This brings up the thoughts he was trying to ignore, and he spirals down again.
He's trembling and breathing is becoming more and more difficult by the minute.

Who thought that Brozo would know exactly what to say to bring the worst thoughts and the most anxiety out of Chris?