The Parameter

"Oh, hey, Keiko!" I greeted the teen as Yusuke and Kuwabara ran off.

Her frustrated look faded as she smiled at me, "Hey, are you here to see a movie too?"

"Yeah, my brother recommended the foreign film that just got released," I lied smoothly. Culture movies were the worst films ever created. Oh, how I hated them.

"That's what I'm here to see! Cmon, let's get the tickets and seats so Yusuke and Kuwabara will have somewhere to sit."

I bought my ticket and followed her into the theatre, already regretting my choice. All I could do was pray I didn't fall asleep.

Keiko panicked when the movie began and Yusuke hadn't returned. I barely managed to comfort her, being her movie companion so she wouldn't be alone. It didn't lessen how upset she was with Yusuke for abandoning her. To attempt to cheer her up, I took her to my favorite restaurant, Yukimura diner.

"Hey, sweetheart! I thought you were out with Yusuke," the owner, Mr. Yukimura grinned as we both sat at the bar.

"I-I didn't know you liked this place," I commented with an embarrassed blush.

"My family owns it," Keiko said, depressed still over the situation. "He walked out, again, Dad! I'm so tired of this!"

"He's Yusuke, sweetheart," her father defended. "He's always been flighty. Probably got in a fight. He knows how much you hate that."

Keiko sighed, feeling a bit better, "Yeah, you're right."

I smiled slightly, happy her father had managed to cheer her up. As we ate, she talked about the foreign arts film, going over details she believed to be inaccurate. She was lucky I paid attention and managed to hold the conversation until she was ready to call it a day.

I nodded, smiling some. "I'll see you later, then."

I left the restaurant, glancing back to see a tree by the place. It wasn't ideal, but I could sleep there. Of course, I needed to gather some things first, like my crystal ball. I wanted to keep up on the situation. The moment I stepped into the house, I sprinted to the kitchen, forcing myself into the ball so I could be with Shuichi.

To my surprise, I found myself settling by my brother, struggling to hold a ceiling up. "Shuichi, what's going on?" I asked through gritted teeth.

"Now is not the time, Pippa," he grumbled, struggling to avoid getting crushed.

I noticed Hiei's look before rolling his eyes, "Of course you're here."

"Shut up," I grumbled, trying to keep the ceiling from crushing us.

Shuichi's eyes widened when he looked at me, "You're here?"

"The bugs haven't-" the ceiling suddenly stopped moving, and the ground shook under the force of a boulder falling on Hiei.

I stretched as I watched Hiei slice the bat eye almost in half, telling the creature to send word to its masters of their arrival and to pass on warning. He dropped to the ground, pointing his blade at me, "What are you doing here?"

"Pippa?!" Yusuke and Kuwabara exclaimed in shock. The two faced each other, "You know her?!"

"I was just seeing what's going on. Thought you'd like an update or something," I replied with a shrug.

Hiei held up his crystal, "Isn't that what this is for?"

"Like you would use it," I said, sticking my tongue out at him. He growled slightly as I folded my hands behind my back, "But, on the other hand, the insects are still far and few between. Nothing is happening yet."