[One]

{Nishinoya's POV}

breath in

breath out

I counted each breath as I heard my father's footsteps echoing down the hallway. I tried not to cry or shake to create any noise from the closet. I really thought I was safe until the light flickered on. "oh no oh no.." I thought to myself. There was a little part of the sliding closet door that was open so I looked through to make sure he was turned around. As I saw he wasn't facing me I slowly closed the opening from the closet. I guess he knew I was in here because right as the door fully shut he slid it right back open and grabbed me by my hair.

He threw me onto the floor and the heavy breathing started again. I could feel the tears forming up while I was on my hands and knees shaking like hell. I could see my father standing there from the corner of my eyes, holding two glass beer bottles. My eyes widened as he lifted one of them up and I immediately shut them as he came closer. I bit my tongue so that I wouldn't scream. The minute one of the glass bottles made contact with my back I fell to my elbows. But the scary thing was the the bottle didn't shatter, and I knew he would stop until it did. After two or three more hits the glass beer bottle shattered right onto my back and I made a small screeching sound.

I could feel the glass shards move throughout my back as I try to get up but my father just kicked my right back down. But I completely forgot about the second bottle.. He lifted both of his arms with the bottle in his hand and slammed it right onto my spine. This time, it shattered immediately. Everything suddenly got blurry and I started feeling dizzy. My father got down on one knee and grabbed my ear, picking up my head. "You caused all of this." He whispered into my ear. He stood back up watching my struggle to stand before kicking my head over. And then it all went dark.

[Asahi's POV]

It was the fourth time this week that Nishinoya didn't show up to practice and at this point I was really worried. Noya never told me where he lived so I can't check on him. He didn't even tell Tanaka which makes it even more suspicious. I've called him over twenty times now and still no answer.

"Alright guys come on over!" Daichi shouted to the whole team from across the gym. We all ran over seeing Daichi and Suga next to Takeda. "What's up?" Hinata questioned. Takeda looked really excited for some reason so I'm guessing he got us a match with another team. "We got another practice match with Nekoma!!" Takeda shouted. Called it. All of our faces lit up with excitement. "Really?? When!?" Tanaka said while jumping up and down. "I think we've scheduled it for two weeks from now so we better get practicing!" Suga said smiling. All of us ran back to the net, practicing hard. Even though it was just a practice match, all of us were excited and determined.

"I really hope Noya shows up tomorrow so we can tell him about the match" I said to Yamaguchi while we set back and fourth to each other. "Yeah me too." He answered. There was just this thing about Nishinoya that made him, well made him Nishinoya. I don't know what it was, maybe it was his volleyball skills, maybe it was the adorable look on his face when he got us a point, or maybe it was just the excitement he's able to store in him. Wait a second. Did I just call Nishinoya adorable..? No no that can't be, he isn't adorable. He's my best friend. But when he's playing I guess he looks pretty cute.. okay, maybe not just when he's playing. Maybe he looks cute all the time. I don't even know anymore!

My thoughts were interrupted by Daichi clapping his hands signaling that morning practice was over. "Thanks for setting with me Asahi!" Yamaguchi shouted while running over to get water. I smiled and walked over to where everyone else was. I picked up my phone to text Noya about the match.

Hey Noya, it's me again. I just wanted to let you know that practice went good today, and also that Takeda got us a practice match with Nekoma! I hope to see you tomorrow.

[Nishinoya's POV]

I was quietly trying to pick out the glass shards that were in my back. God, how that hurt so much. Luckily there wasn't that much blood so I didn't have to clean up that big of a mess. Once I was finished and got as much glass out that I could, I headed back to my room. I sat down on my bed not knowing what to do. "I should probably go to school tomorrow.." I thought to myself. And that's when my phone buzzed. I finally realized that I hadn't checked my phone at all the passed week and knew that my teammates were probably super worried. I quickly grabbed my phone to check it and saw a text message from Asahi.

So we have a practice match against Nekoma.. I should definitely go to school tomorrow then. I set a quiet alarm and tried to go to sleep. Which we pretty hard because I hadn't got sleep for at least a week now. But I guess knowing that I'll be safe with my team tomorrow helped me fall right to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi guys! This is my first ever story so I really hope you enjoyed the first chapter! I'm really excited to work on this so I'll probably be posting often! Have a great day/night <3

-Grace

988 words.