The Second Encounter

It had been awhile now and Izuku was very happy. It had been nearly three months since he fled Mount Olympus and he was enjoying himself. Being amongst the mortals was fun and very educational. He learned so many new skills and ways of life than he ever would have back amongst the gods. The only down side to this was that his mother was constantly asking him to come home where it was safe and where she could protect him. Izuku simply scoffed and ignored her. He was free and he wanted to stay that way. He didn’t want to return to his gilded cage where his mother refused to let him out of her sight and constantly badgered him to find a mate. He was not interested in that and he doubt he ever would be. Perhaps if he found someone who was willing to accept him for whom he was and not for his looks then maybe he would rejoin his mother but he knew that would never happen. He was destined to be alone for all of time and he was glad about that. It hurt a bit to see the happy couples and their families while he walked on earth, but still he carried on, refusing to give in.

As he walked along a road by himself he took in the sights and sounds. The wind was blowing ever so slightly; it’s soft sound soothing. The land was flourishing, flowers blooming and trees healthy. There were several animals running around through the fields, some looking for mates, others a place to call home and to raise a family. It was pleasantly warm, the sun shining and a few clouds dotted the sky. It was a beautiful day and Izuku hoped it would stay that way. The godling-in-hiding laughed softly as he skipped along the path, eager to see where his next journey would take him.

As Izuku continued his journey, his thoughts slipped back to the man he saw not long after he fled the home of the gods. Now why would such a man stay firmly in his thoughts after only seeing him once? Well, Izuku could swear that he thought he saw them somewhere before, but he could not put his finger on it. Where oh where did he see that man before? It was driving him nearly insane. The young male sighed and gave up for the moment. The answer just simply wasn’t coming to him. Perhaps it would later when he wasn’t thinking to hard about it.

A scream rang out through the air, pulling the god from his thoughts.

What was that?

Izuku rushed forward to see what made the scream. He ran up the path and upon reaching the top, froze. Before him thieves were attacking a family. The husband was already dead, having been stabbed through the chest when trying to protect his family. The wife was clinging to her two children in fear, watching as the men tore apart their cart, looking for any valuables. What valuables they found, they took. Then one of the men turned their attention to the woman and leered at her, his eyes moving up and down her body, causing the woman to shiver in disgust. That look soon turned to fear when the man grabbed her and ripped her away from her children, who screamed for their mother before getting hit by some of the other men to keep them quiet.

The first man groped the woman before attempting to rip off her clothes in an attempt to assault her.

Her scream of fear jolted Izuku out of his shock, rage taking over him.

He quickly rushed in, taking out his dagger and before any of the other men knew what was happening, the first man was lying dead on the ground, his throat slashed clean open, blood gushing from the wound. The woman gaped in horror, not knowing how to react.