return home

Six Months Later

Overall, it was an awful six months of absolute torture and Izuku was so relieved when it was finally time for him to return to his home. Before he did though he made sure to spread the word amongst the mortals of how to stock up for the winter, how to preserve food and make sure they would have enough for the long winter ahead of them. He did not want to see them suffer.

As a god, his words were heeded and the mortals had begun to prepare themselves, no doubt limiting the number of deaths from starvation. He also made sure to kill a few scums too as a gift and notice to his husband that he was returning soon.

Finally, though the day came for him to leave. He was overjoyed and had made sure he had everything packed and ready to go. He had set out his outfit the night before and got up early before Selena finished carting the moon away and her twin carted the sun into position in the sky. He had taken a bath before getting dressed loving the way the dark colors blended with his hair.

He slipped on his crown for all to see; wanting them to know just who his husband was and that he was claimed.

He grabbed his bags, summoned his tigers, and they were off, long before Inko would wake up.

Hizashi and Nemuri were both up to take him down to the mortal realm so he could call forth his chariot to take him home. Upon reaching said realm, the three hugged and kissed each other goodbye, with promises to come and visit whenever possible.

Once Izuku waved them goodbye and they were out of sight, he called forth his magic and summoned his horses, opening up the path to the Underworld. His horses and chariot came, the mighty beasts beyond happy to see him, nuzzling his head and neighing happily. Izuku had giggled and produced apples and sugar cubes for them to munch on, waiting until they were done before boarding.

"Alright my noble steeds! Take us home!"

He snapped the reins and the horses reared up, letting out loud cries before diving down, galloping home, and the hole closing as they descended.

It wasn't long before Izuku was blessed with the sight of his home once more, the kingdom looking as beautiful as the day he first saw it. He smiled.

As they approached the gates to the castle, cheers could be heard, cheers of joy at his return.

"The queen has returned! Long live the queen! May this kingdom be blessed for six months! ALL HAIL THE QUEEN OF HELL PERSEPHONE!!!"

Izuku laughed to himself. The residents always were rather eccentric.

Soon they were before the gates, which opened wide, allowing the chariot to drive through. Cerberus bounded up to them, happy as can be. Izuku laughed out loud and petted all three heads, cooing at the overgrown puppy.

He dismounted and ordered his horses to go to the stable and rest before continuing inside, the servants all cheering his name as he walked, bowing in respect and devotion to their queen.

As he stood before the doors to the throne room, he thought back about how he got to this point and smiled. He was glad he accepted Aizawa's offer of courtship. They may have been married for only a year, but it has been the best year of his life. And he looked forward to many more.

With that, he pushed the doors open, the guards announcing his return.

He strolled up to the throne, looking at his husband who sat there with a gleam in his eyes.