MATCHBREAKER : The Origin

I woke up and saw Irene beside me. She hug me like she wouldnt let me go. I couldnt escape like usual one night stand and left her behind. I need to wake her up. But she was very pretty when she slept without the stubborn argument. Like an angel.

I kissed her forehead. She moved her hand.

"Wake up. We must catch an airplane."

She opened her eyes unwillingly.

"5 more minutes."

"But."

She kissed me. "5 more minutes because sex in the morning is the best?"

She opened my tshirt and now did all the work. Well, i cant argue to that.

***

We sat in an airplane with magazine in her hand and handphone in my hand.

"See, matchbreaking is the hardest thing to do. Rebecca texted me all the time."

"We would take off, you have to turn it off. And what her text by the way?"

"Something dumb like where are you? What are you doing? Are you hungry?"

"Well she does the move then. Dont break her heart."

"Well, I will answer shortly. On earth. Breathing. No."

"You are cute after all."

"What?"

"Still have the hospitality to respond. Not just ignore her."

"Well, can I?"

"Of course you can. You are not his boyfriend."

"Doesnt these short answers sound more rude?"

"No. You still reply. And it means promising."

"Okay. I wont answer again. And you where is your message from your elementary sweetheart."

"If you are together for 9 years, well that kind of boring message are not there anymore. We contact each other if there is something necessary."

"Which is?"

"Next week tournament? Lets go vacation? There's a movie saturday night at 7 pm I want to watch. Tag along please?"

"Not what is the colour of your underwear today? Or do you want to have sex in the most unique place? Like in chimney?"

"What an unhygienic place to be. And one thing else message we usually text is there is new restaurant, lets try the recommendation food."

"You dont tell each other's day?"

"Nothing particular. More over we are in the same school, same teachers, same environment, same friends. I think there is nothing special to talk about."

"About you matchmaking things?"

"He found out it as a boring thing to do. He would listen anyway if I tell. But he didnt say anything back. So it's like talking to the wall."

"Why do you like matchmaking everyone?"

"Because it's great to become the reason some couple's happiness. It's like becoming the future godparents for their children. I will become an aunt with very many god kids."

"Like they still together till married."

"Well, we will never know. And you why do you like matchbreaking everyone?"

"The reason is my parents have a long marriage which is not happy because we all know my father has cheated with some younger chick but my mother too afraid to get divorced. So, I think everyone who is in unhealthy relationship need someone like me to encourage them to be free. Single is fearful. But, being with someone who doesnt care about you anymore is much worse."

"Maybe your mother is the typical of person who marries for a lifetime. I see where your cuteness come from."

"It's not cute."

"I wish my mother is like your mother."

"What?"

"My mother and my father divorced since I was just a little baby and my father never come to me, even though he sent all the money. All I have is this photograph of us three."

I saw the old photograph of handsome man, a beautiful woman and their cute toddler. They seem happy. Why on earth the divorced happenned in the first place?

"I hope by doing all the good deeds, my parents will be back together again and we can make this kind of photograph again."

"So sad to hear."

"What?"

"How do you know your father isnt dead yet?"

"I never consider that."

"I think you better find your father, tell him what you feel and let him decide? Not this matchmaking joke."

"Well same with you. I think you better find your father, tell him what you feel and let him decide? Not this matchbreaking joke."

"Dont talk back to me using my own words."

"You are silly, you know?"

"Not as silly as you are. I've tried to talk with my mother, my father and they always treat me like a spoiled brat. Not an equal human."

"For instance?"

"When I bring up the topic, my mother or my father just give me the new bag I want or new motorcyle or new car. Make me forget what I want to say."

"You are easily distracted, arent you?"

"No. I am a very focus person."

She kissed me.

"What again are we talking about?"

"What a short attention span."

"This conversation is over."

I used my neck pillow and blindfold.

***