MATCHBREAKER : I like You

"I like James,"said Katty.

"Wow, you have head collision?"I asked sarcastically.

"What's the matter? He is tall, handsome, soccer player, and smart. I bet if you dont have Cole, you must also into him."

"I dont. Cole has everything that anyboy doesnt have. He always let me win. While the other boys always want to you know rule their girlfriend."

"Always let you win? What about you are forbidden to watch him when he plays because he doesnt like other boys look at you? Is that sort of a command too?"

"No, it's not. He doesnt want I got sunburn. And I dont want it either."

"What a delusion. In relationship we must control each other. What is the essence of relationship, if we dont have mutual power for one another?"

***

"What are you doing here, Baby?"

"I am here not for you. I am here for Katy. She wants to see James."

"But, we had this discussion."

"Yeah. I already have sunblock."

"You know it's not about sunblock."

"Then, what Cole?"asked Katty iritating.

"Never mind. Do what you like. Just enjoy the game. Because I cant."Cole go back to the field.

"What's wrong with him?"

"Well, it's nice sometimes to rebel."

"That's my girl. Where is James?"

"There he is."

James looked at me with anger. Wow. I think he hadn't let go my kick yesterday. By the way he was charming in that soccer uniform. Like a professional footballer with billion bugs.

"He look at me,"said Katty.

"Yeah."

Like he said, he was the best striker in the team. He and Gilbert do like telephaty with each other. They seem have magnet in their shoes so the ball just stick to it. He told the truth when he plans to join soccer from the first day. He is talented in it.

When the whistle blew, the sign of the end game, our soccer team wins 3 to 0. All the goals were made by him. By free kick, penalty, and bycicle kick. I bet he likes to show off.

"You are doing good job, James,"Katty hug him.

"Well, it's not my best day,"he said arrogantly.

"Where do you plan to celebrate it?"

"Some restaurant around the corner. But I kinda tired. I guess I won't come."

"What a pity."

"Well, you can always watch us training."

"Sounds good."

"What about you? What brings you here, Irene?"

"Of course I want to watch Cole. He is the defensive midfielder."

"That's why he likes to relent,"said James and then go.

What a cocky bastard.

***

"What the hell are you doing yesterday, Jessica?"

"What is it, Jim?"

"You are trying to matchmaking me with Katty?"

"Yes. That's what I do. Matchmaking the matchbreaker to one of my bestfriend."

"Well, I dont want to. Nobody wants. It's such a humiliation you know. Like I myself can't get a girl. So I need your help."

"But, you are single."

"Because I want to play around and I dont want to be a douche bag like you who is still in relationship but have random sex with other boys. What? You want to slap me again or kick me in the ball?"

"No. Because slapping and kicking you are not good method. You are still the same. Doesnt change from a cocky bastard into a well manner man. That's why I match you with Katty. With her you can be a better person."

"Do you think I can be Katty's boyfriend while I have had sex including steamy sex with you 4 times? Of course I cant. It will be awkward."

"Lower your voice."

"Most of all, I dont want someone set me up with other girl. If I want a girl, I will get her myself."

"Then go get someone."

"I will. Watch me,"James looked at me in the eye. God he has green eye. I never noticed before even when we had sex. Because the low light room.

"And who is the unfortunate girl?"

"What for? So you can set us up and become the hero cupid?"

"Yes. And you will be forever having moral duty to me."

"Never."

***

"Hey, Gilbert."

"Yes, Irene. What's up?"

"I just wonder do you know somebody whom James likes? I mean both of you are best friend."

"Well, I dont know. Even if I know, I guess I cant tell you."

"I see."

"Why do you concern?"

"Katty has crush on James. You know as a bestfriend I want to help her."

"I see. I guess you can set them up. Hmm, here is one thing I know, James like go to gym in the city hall. Every tuesday night at 7 pm he must be there. Why Katty dont try to you know accidentally bump into him?"

"Thank you, Gilbert."

"You are welcome."

***

"Why should I tag a long?"

"Because it's weird if I go to gym by myself."

"What if James want to take you out for dinner or drink and I will be third wheel?"

"You pretend to have appointment with Cole."

"I see. Two lies in a night."

"For me?"

"Okay."

***

"What a coincidence, James!"

"Ah, Katty and Jes, I mean Irene."

"Do you come here a lot?"

"Yes. I am a member here. Are you a member too?"

"No. We are new here. Just try something. Right, Irene?"

"Yes."

"When I was a newbie here, I start from the treadmill."

"Oh, I see."

James started running in treadmill between us. Katty followed his pace. I who didnt want to lose, followed his pace also. He started by walking, jogging to run like being chased by a satan. Katty gave up. While me, well my pride couldnt be beaten.

"You have stamina. That's why you love random sex right?"

"Shut up."

"What's with your cloth? Very inviting boy to look at all your curve."

"It's polite."

"Polite, my ass. It does cover your body, but it's too tight."

"It doesnt. I am thin."

"You are curvy. You are getting fat."

I slow my treadmill while I fasten his threadmill until he stand up on the iron of threadmill.

"What the fuck, Irene?"

"I teach you to become a well mannered man."

"You are not my mother or girlfriend. And I am well mannered. I tell you the truth. You are getting fat. Cole agrees with me."

"So you are the one who makes him think like that?"

"Yes. I open his love blindfold. Before it's too late. You become obese and he is getting married to you."

"I am out of here."

"Surrender, huh?"

"I just cant be near you. We argue all the time."

"So you want me to flatter you? Say nice things about you?"

"Yeah. It will be great."

"Hmmm. Nothing. I dont have in mind."

"I dont have to do this. To make you happy."

"What happy?"

"To set you up with one of my bestfriend. Katty deserves more."

"What if I really do want Katty? But, because you set us up, you hurt my pride. So I dont like it and stop having crush with Katty?"

"Is it true? You like Katty?"

"Well, I said what if?"

"So you dont?"

"What is your answer?"

"There's nothing holding you back, I guess, when you want someone?"

"What a good speech."

"Yeah, even though that girl or woman is yourfriend's mother."

"Damn."

"Do whatever you want. I dont care."

"Oh really?"

"Just dont hurt Katty. She is my bestfriend."

***

Irene took shower and there was a knock in her door.

"Katty?"I open the shower.

"Me."

"James, what are you doing? This is girl room."

"Ssst. Katty is coming."

"What?"

James come into my shower box.

"Irene. Where are you?"

"Here."

"Well, I think I will go to bath in my house. Do you still unfinished? You want me to wait?"

I saw James. He was smiling. It would be huge scandal if Katty sees me with James. My image as loyal girlfriend definitely would be ruined.

"No. I am cool. Just go home."

"Okay. See ya tomorrow."

"What are you doing here you dumbass?"

"Taking a bath? What shower for?"

"Of course I know you are taking a bath. But why here? With me?"

"I dont like taking a bath alone in public space. I remember psycho movie."

"That doesnt mean you allow to take a bath with me."

"I cant take a shower with Katty. She will catch it as a false perception. But with you, we both are player. No feeling involved."

"You are right. But, still."

"Dont flatter yourself. I just want to take a shower, not having sex."

"Like I will believe you. You told me a lie before."

"Smart chick."

"What does that mean?"

"Say nice things to you? Well mannered man. I just think. You are smart enough. You pass all the subjects right. Even though not top of the class."

"Okay. That's a good start. Even though I know you praise me so I allow you to take shower here. And what else?"

"Everyboy in soccer team likes you."

"What?"

"I mean not including me. Yeah, they are into you. Even Gilbert. That's why Cole doesnt like you to be there. You ruin the concentration."

"But, you won."

"Because of me. You are welcome. If not, Cole will be mad at you."

"How come? There are many more pretty girl in school. Why me?"

"Dont you think you are pretty?"James touch Irene face.

"Yes I am pretty. But, standard type of pretty. Not that major pretty, who can use their looks to get whatever they want."

"Have you tried it?"

"What?"

"Use your looks to accomplish things?"

"Never."

"Then use it,"James kiss Irene gentle.

"You are not horny right? Because last weekend you train for the tournament and that's the only thing that explains why are you being this nice to me."

"Like I said. Smart chick,"he smile. "Shall we?"

"I think you are the one who use your looks all the time."

"Ridiculously handsome I am,"James touch my waist and from that moment there is no sound except the shower.

***

"What's wrong with me? Having sex 5 times with James Stuart."

"What's wrong with me?"asked James behind his wheel. He delivers Irene home because it's late at night.

"You are cocky. You never let me win. We argue all the time. Cant compromise. With Cole, I always win. He doesnt like a fight. My life more peaceful."

"And then he cheated on you. Do you prefer that?"

"No. It was a blunder. He said it was his first time."

"And you believe?"

"I dont."

"Smart chick."

"But, when he got this accident, I know I cant live without him."

"Well, that's love right? We would die for the other person."

"Yeah. I guess we have to stop playing around."

"Why? This is fun. Than we have to go to some random city, some random bar, having some random sex. It doesnt spend amount of money and we dont have to be jet lag. And we can do this even in weekday."

"If Cole knows, he will be destroyed."

"You and I are smart. We wont get caught."

"Why are you so insist? Do you like me?"

"Like having sex with you? Yes. Definitely. Not arguably. Like you as human being with competitive character which doesnt like to lose? Big NO."

"You cant hate me in person but love me as sex partner."

"I can. 5 times."

"You have to like me as well. You like me but you dont want to admit it."

"Okay. I like one attitude you have. You can keep secret. Nowadays, girl cant keep their mouth shut. While you, you are mysterious. I like it."

"Well, of course I can keep a secret. It's my reputation here at stake."

"Other girls will tell their friend that they have sex with me, showing it like a trophy or some achievement. And it will be suck because people will look at us anywhere, anytime. And I hate attention other than my soccer skill. But, you can keep it low. I like it."

"Because I am in relationship with Cole and I dont want to ruin it."

"That's why I like you. Do you like me too, right?"

"As partner sex? Not really. Cole is better."

"Oh, really? You let me touch you again and again. I dont think that's the truth."

"Fine. You are good. Not the best still. As human being? Despicable. Hate commitment. Think that set up is a ridiculous thing. Not everyone is good looking and as confident as you are you know. Sometimes they need someone to help them to get their loved one. When I can do it, I just feel like United Nations."

"So do you think I am good looking?"

"Yeah."

"And about set people up, do you believe you are good at it?"

"Yes. I have 5 couple to proof."

"What if I tell you that they not sincerely willingly to do it? What if they do that because they dont want to hurt your feelings?"

"No. They have long and feisty romance."

"I said what if."

"But that's not true."

"It might be true. I have been set up by my friend back then in my hometown. I dont really like this girl, but because everyone say that I and her will make a cute couple. Well, I try to go out. And it ends horrible. I should have stopped from the beginning."

"Why it ends?"

"Because that girl is clingy."

"But you love her, right?"

"Never love someone in the same way anymore."

"That's my point."

"No. That's my point. If the relationship just start by themselves, they are fully responsible for that relationship. But, if you are the one who matchmaking them, they will forever ask for your advice and ruin you in the breakup process."

"But."

"I like Katty. She is cute."

"So you want to try date her?"

"No. Because you set me up with her."

"What?"

"Here is your home. Good night. And stop being a stupid cupid hero. You have your own issue."

"But."

James kissed Irene and open the door from inside.

"Go, go, go."

"You kick me out?"

"Yeah. After sex. Hurt, doesnt it?"

***