Chapter 16

16 | Sydney knows

"How did this even happen?!" Sydney shouted in disbelief as she paced up and down, "I don't like Mich but this isn't what I was expecting-"

"Can you stop scolding me. I'm the oldest!" Toni snapped.

"I saw this coming the day you two came down the stairs together I saw it in your eyes." Sydney shook her head still in disbelief.

"Yoh stop going on like this. Toni's a grown woman, and if she feels like-"

"It's fine Ken." Toni said placing her hand down on his chest.

"Y'all cute- this isn't right!" Sydney snapped, "what if it were your dad huh? You're lucky he got a business call and told me to come over here to get his stuff." Sydney let out a sigh.

"What if it were Michigan?"

"Now why would Michigan come over here?" Kenny raised his eyebrows in confusion.

"I don't know... the way you two look at each other when y'all are in the same room is evident to everyone, I wouldn't be surprised if Mich's jealous ass already suspects you Kenny." Sydney said with a shrug.

"I'm going home." Toni said grabbing her bag off the table.

"Toni! I'm not done talking about this-"

"But I am." Toni snapped before she stormed out.

Sydney looked at Kenny and shook her head.

"I should beat your ass!" Sydney groaned, "where's your dad's stuff?" She scolded.
________________________

Toni sighed already knowing Michigan was gonna have a lot to say about her dropping the call in his ear as she walked into the house.

"Mich..." She began once she saw him seat on the sofa.

He immediately stood up and folded his arms over his chest, he looked more than pissed.

"First you cancel lunch, then you drop the call in my ear and then you only arrive home now?!" He yelled.

"Calm down. My battery died." Toni lied rolling her eyes, "you do know that when your battery dies your phone turns off right?" Toni raised her eyebrows.

"Don't talk to me as if I'm stupid-"

"You're overreacting. You're allowing your jealousy to get the best of you, but you know what... I kinda like it when you get mad." She smirked walking up to him wrapping her arms around his neck.

He quickly grabbed her hands and gently pushed her away from him making her frown.

"Who are you?" He snapped staring at her.

"I'm your wife, Toni."

"Yeah right... you haven't been too good of a wife lately, this is the third time this week where I get home to no dinner, or you giving me a massage because I look tense to you or you ironing my shirt-"

"Is that all I'm good for?" Toni raised her eyebrows curiously.

"Aside from many other things, yes." He nodded.

Toni scoffed, "got it... so I'm only good enough when I cater to you." Toni nodded before she pushed past him.

"I didn't mean it like that-"

"No you made yourself very clear. I hope the sofa's comfortable enough for you because that's where you'll be sleeping tonight." Toni groaned going upstairs.

"Hey Toni."

"Hi baby." Toni smiled ruffling Joshua's hair.

"Toni! Let's talk please?" Michigan said following after her, "are you two fighting again?" Joshua frowned.