Chapter 3

3 | Mind your own business

"Oh my god! Ah..." Toni trailed off as they both reached their climax.

Michigan panted rolling off of her. Toni sat up and kissed his lips.

"You still mad at me?" Toni pouted folding her arms over his chest before she rested her chin down on them.

"Now that you mention it yes I am-"

"Why though?" Toni groaned moving off him as he got out of bed and grabbed his shorts slipping them on.

"You never defend me, I always gotta defend myself-"

"Oh you're one to talk." Toni mumbled rolling her eyes.

"Excuse me?"

"I always defend you when I have to. I do everything for you, for us. I quit my previous job for you because you hated the fact that my boss was a man- you let your jealousy drive you Mich. You don't defend me when Joanna says all those shady stuff to me-"

"She's the mother of my children-"

"I'm your wife!" Toni screamed.

Silence filled the atmosphere, she watched him pick up his shirt hoping he would say something but just like all the other times he didn't. Instead he hit her with his famous lines: "I'll sleep on the coach." He said before he walked out their bedroom.

Toni pressed her lips together and looked up to prevent the tears from falling. She swallowed her saliva and got out of bed walking into the bathroom, she stepped into the shower and shut her eyes letting out a tired sigh as she allowed the water to run down her body. Her family was a mess, her parent's marriage was a mess— she truly didn't want her marriage going down that same path, maybe their whole relationship was too forced and rushed. But she loved her husband so much. She turned around and jumped placing her hand over her chest.

"Hi." Kenny smiled making her eyes go wide.

Toni quickly backed away from the shower head catching her breathe. She wiped out her eyes and looked around the shower, no sign of Kenny anywhere. She pulled her face in confusion, what was that? She swallowed her saliva and turned off the water she slid the glass shower door open and grabbed a towel before she stepped out and wrapped it around her body. She walked up to the mirror and grabbed another towel drying off her auburn hair.
__________________________

"Why was my daddy sleeping on the sofa? Did you two have a fight again?" Joshua frowned.

"Seems to be a habit of theirs to fight after every party they go to." Jose mumbled grabbing his belongings, "I'll be in my room." Jose said.

Toni watched him walk off before she felt Joshua tug at her shirt causing her to look down at him.

"Yeah we did... but it's completely normal for two married people to argue." Toni admitted lifting him up onto the island.

"But why does he sleep on the sofa?" Joshua pouted curiously tracing his fingers over the island top.

"Your daddy sleeps on the sofa to avoid having another fight that might cause him or me to transgress." Toni said rubbing his shoulders. "But enough about that, would you like to be my date today?" Toni asked.

Joshua smiled, "where to?" He asked curiously.

"Sydney's house." Toni smiled.

He nodded his head excitedly, he loved Sydney. He also had a little crush on her. Toni giggled stepping aside allowing him to jump down.

"Why don't you wait on me in your bedroom while I go ask Jose if he wants to come with us." Toni said.

Joshua nodded running up stairs. Toni cleaned up the kitchen before she headed upstairs, she stopped in front of Jose's bedroom door as his music could be heard blasting through the walls. She bit her lip contemplating on whether to knock or just go in the way Michigan did. She let out a breathe before she knocked a few times.

"Go away Joshua!" He yelled as she heard him turn the volume down a bit.

"It's not Joshua, it's me." Toni said.

"Oh... go away Toni!"

Toni gritted her teeth holding back so much, she couldn't go off on her stepson much less kill him.

"I just wanted to know if you'd like to come with me and Joshua to Sydney's place? We're having Sunday lunch there." Toni said fiddling with her hands.

"No thank you, I'd rather jump off a cliff before I ever go anywhere with you." Jose rudely spat before his music blasted once again.

Toni groaned in annoyance before she sighed.
__________________________

"Thank you for coming- where's Michigan? I mean I don't like him but he never lets you leave the house without him." Sydney said.

"He has a few company problems, but I brought Joshua with. He's my date today." Toni smiled rubbing Joshua's head.

"Hi aunty Syd." Joshua smiled waving up at Sydney who immediately smiled down at him.

"Hey cutie. Let me take you to the other kids. There's a bouncy house and lots of candy." Sydney smiled.

"Ohhh let me see!" Joshua clapped in excitement.

"No too much candy. He goes a little loco when he gets too much sugar."

"Almost like his dad..." Sydney mumbled watching as Joshua removed his watch handing it to Toni.

"Be careful." Toni sternly said watching as he walked off with Sydney.

"Hey aunty in law... I can call you that right?"

Toni rolled her eyes as she felt Kenny place his hand at the low of her back. She felt some type of heat ignite in her body.

"You look stunning." He said dragging the word 'stunning' making her turn around to face him.

" He said dragging the word 'stunning' making her turn around to face him

"Thank you." Toni said.

"Where's your husband?" Kenny asked looking around.

"Not here." Toni groaned.

"Was that your son?" Kenny asked nodding his head towards Joshua.

"I love him as if he were my own." Toni said.

"Do you have kids of your own-"

"Gosh when do people actually learn to mind their own business. Stay away from me Kenny, I'm married. Happily." Toni snapped.

"As you wish your royal highness." Kenny raised his hands in surrender backing away from Toni.

She sighed feeling bad watching him walk out to the back.