Chapter 7

7 | Oversharing

"How do I look?" Sydney asked as she came out dressed in a strapless white mermaid wedding gown.

"Beautiful." Toni smiled scanning her sister's dress before her.

"You know Toni, I know that you believe that I'm probably gonna be divorced before the year is even over... but what I feel with Greg is so different from the rest. I love him." Sydney confessed making Toni's eyes widen.

"You don't understand... he lets me be myself, I'm so free. I don't feel like a prisoner at all." Sydney said making Toni frown.

That's how she felt.

"I mean love isn't suppose to feel like a prison. You're your own person, I just feel like every woman deserves to be at least be their own person instead of living under their husband's spotlight the entire time and Greg gives me that." Sydney smiled staring at herself in the mirror.

Toni's mind felt like it was running a marathon. What Sydney told her kept replaying in her mind.

"Earth to Toni Braxton!" Sydney waved her hand in front of Toni.

Toni blinked a couple times snapping back to reality, "huh?" Toni said once she digested.

"You okay? What's wrong with you?" Sydney asked.

"Nothing." Toni shook her head.

"You know you've always zoned out during our childhood and I figured you were just day dreaming-"

"Please don't remind me of that. I'm fine." Toni sighed walking up to the sofa grabbing her white YSL clutch off it.

" Toni sighed walking up to the sofa grabbing her white YSL clutch off it

"I'm just saying... if you're going through something talking about it really helps, I don't want you falling into depression again... talk to anyone it doesn't have to be me, talking to a complete stranger even helps." Sydney said.

Toni bit her lip before she popped her clutch open and pulled out Kenny's business card. She stared at his personal number that he has written for her on the back before she looked up at the wall in front of her. She bit her lip and tapped her heel against the wooden floors, maybe Sydney was right... she wasn't exactly her happiest lately.

"Okay I'm gonna go try on another dress-"

"Ummm... actually I have to go." She said turning around immediately Sydney frowned.

"Why?" Sydney groaned, "is it Mich again? That man can't even give you 2 hours without him interrupting us." Sydney rolled her eyes in annoyance.

"N- yes it is. Something happened with Joshua and now I'm needed back at home. I'll make this up to you, I promise to be at tomorrow's fitting." Toni said pulling her phone out of her bag.

"Okay." Sydney said flashing her a small smile, "I love you." Toni said hugging her.

"I love you too." Sydney said watching her sister rush out the store.